1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arrested for 'talking' terrorism?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by xringjim, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Arrested for

Two American citizens were arrested for talking about terorism at the JFK airport. I kinda agree witht he cops on this but I do think when we start arresting people for only talking about violence we have crossed a line. Jim

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I guess it all depends on what they were saying and what part of the conversation was overheard.

Eric

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

With America on High Alert and continual threats and attempts by Terrorist Groups, they can use probable cause for such actions ... Welcome to the new America presented by B.H. Obama and his band of morons ... Better safe than sorry, but things can get to the point of being rediculous ... Wait a minute they already have once that Clown got elected ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Walk into a public building and yell "Fire", cause a panic and be charged with a Felony for creating a public riot, unless of course there really is a fire ...

4. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Supposedly, the government has been gathering evidence on them since 2006. Ron

5. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

The two young men involved are U.S. born Muslims who had scheduled separate flights to Egypt and then to Somalia to participate in Jihad. The local group they belong to has been training at local paintball establishments. These two have been "watched" for sometime. My information comes from an NBC/MSNBC news release. I am pleased that someone is on the ball and is looking out for my safety. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If the conditions of a warrant or probably cause were met, I don't have a problem with this.

If it is only overheard speech, then this starts crossing the line whether it is protected free speech or issuing a threat, and needs to be scrutinized. Given the topic being discussed, this is an area where there is going to be latitude... a large gray area.

Keep in mind this administration is trying to enact laws that will require websites that discuss politics to have space provided for rebuttals, links to other websites, etc. This website, for example, could be required to host an anti-gun discussion page, and provide links, and comment by, the Brady bunch. If you think this is a joke, you have not been paying attention lately. The current US Supreme Court nominee has stated free speech can take a back seat to "societal needs".

7. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

If they are muslims the white house will post bond by morning!!!

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Missalott, your an ignorant ass....

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

I agree, the Democrats will have them lawyered up in no time.

No real American votes Democrat anymore.

10. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

When talk changes to planning it becomes a thing called conspiracy. In this case the stated that they planned to go to a terror training camp, disclosed to an under cover officer how they would try to avoid detection and if asked would return to the US to commit terror acts. They went way beyond "talk."

Kind of like arresting someone with conspiracy to commit murder before they actually kill someone.

Sounds like someone has a typical liberal lack of understanding or ignorance of the real world to start a terror sympathy thread.

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

It was also stated on a local bias media station this evening. Both of these individuals have been under surveillance since 2006.

Doesn't seem like a snap judgment to me.

Bob Lawless

12. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

BigM-Perazzi,

Maybe the authorities were acting "stupidly" Like the cop in Boston.
    Maybe we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Like the mass murderer of soldiers on an American Military base.
    Maybe we should tell them they have the right to remain silent like the terrorist on the plane.
    Maybe we should defund NASA at the expense of 20,000 + jobs in Florida and earmark that money for underdeveloped muslim nations to develop there space programs. etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.

13. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The guy was on a terrorist watch list. Authorities had been gathering evidence for some time. Terroristic Threats laws have been on the books for some time. If the politically correct powers that be had done their job the Ft. hood deaths would never have occured !!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.