1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arrest in NJ

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 635 G, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

A person was arrested in Bernardsville NJ,he did the following:

1)sold an UZI with 14 high capacity magazines with ammo

2) had a shotgun with a pistol grip.

Don't bring a custom K-80, Mach-one, or Infinity to NJ

They didn't mention if the UZI was a full auto model.

Phil Berkowitz

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Phil I dont understand you say "Don't bring a custom K-80, Mach-one, or Infinity to NJ"

?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Crickets

Crickets Member

go to article. Not much detail

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/06/bernardsville_man_accused_of_t.html

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The shape of the grips on these guns might be considered a pistol type grip. Its illegal in NJ to have hollow point ammo. Could you imagine trying to convince an anti gun judge that the grip on a target gunis not a pistol type grip. Not worth the risk.

Phil Berkowitz

5. doggai

doggai Member

Paranoia comes in many forms. JF

6. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Phil:

Just so trapshooters don't get nervous, it isn't illegal in NJ to have any of the guns you listed. even if they were modified to have a "pistol grip".

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Phil, technically having hollow point ammo in your auto or shooting it in NJ is perfectly legal. What do you think all the high power service rifle shooters use when shooting in places like central Jersey. Hollow point boat tail. I would be more concerned being stopped and having the communists bastards find a trap gun with a precision fit stock on it. 20 years ago on my way to a registered shoot in south Jersey my Bronco stalled at a traffic light and would not start back up. When a cop arrived and seen a gun case and 2 flats of ammo a red flag went up. He was very concerned why I had all those shells, and I had to explain it to him.

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Toolmaker, How many years did you spent in the pokey??? Break-em all. Jeff

9. TOOLMAKER 251

Suspended sentence time served, but my shotgun and ammunition had to be removed before the tow truck was allowed to move the car. I called the club and got a member to come and get me and the ammo. He was not going to allow any shells to be in the car when it was no in my possession.

10. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

I shoot woodchucks with a 222 using 50 grain power lokt hollow point ammo which is perfectly legal in NJ.

Doug.

11. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Rifles in NJ are only allowed to hold 10 rounds, 15 for handguns. Pistol grips are allowed on shotguns as long as there is a stock attached. Flash supressors and folding or telescopic stocks are not allowed. Hollow point ammo can be used for hunting. For handguns hollow points are only allowed for home protection. These were the rules as explained to be by the RSO for my local police dept.

12. flylta13

flylta13 TS Member

Another reason not to live in Jersey....

13. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Well I beg to differ with you all who say don`t live in NJ . I`ve been here for 70 years in about a 10 mile radius since birth and I love the state . Some laws just aren`t ment for some sports loving people but they are the laws so adhere to them . I`m a avid trap shooter and president of a local Trap club and I don`t necessarily like the idea that people should own an assault rifle . I see them on the shelf of most gun shops and they sell most of them before the end of the year . We have good laws so far in stopping some violent criminals from owning firearms and that isn`t what you people should be blaming NJ for . Some get past the ID system but it is very few . Thats all I have to say for now .

14. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

correction it is 15 rounds for both semiauto rifle and pistol, 5 rounds for semi auto shotgun.always has been,unless the a.g. slipped something thru,this would have to be passed and signed.
    When you buy a semi rifle it usually comes with a 10 rounder because hardly anybody makes a 15, its an odd number ya know.

15. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

toolmaker, That was nice that a fellow club shooter picked you up and took care of your problematic gun and ammo at the same time. Hope the Bronco was fixed OK. Break-em all. Jeff

16. TOOLMAKER 251

Ljutic 111, You are an example of whats wrong with American gun owners. You feel your Ljutic trap gun is logical to own because you only shoot trap with it, and it only holds 1 shot or 2. The high powered rifle shooter who competes and is sanctioned by the NRA (by the way, are you a member?) should not be allowed to possess what you feel is a assault gun (AR-15) United we stand, and divided we fall. You are a divided one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.