1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ARNOLD RIEGGER: I NEED TO CONTACT FAMILY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kim Z., Jul 22, 2013.

1. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

I need to interview a surviving family member of ATA Trapshooting Hall of Fame inductee, Arnold Riegger. I'm writing an article and need information about his connection with Ljutic.

Any help in finding his family would be greatly appreciated.

Kim Z.

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

What's a phone book?

3. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Arnold lost everything he had when Mt St Helen's erupted. He lived on the Cowlitz River in Castle Rock WA and the mountain ash covered everything in that area with about 20 feet of mud. Some people got out with the shirt on the back, some didn't get out at all.

I believe Barbara Sims was president of the PITA at that time, she may be able to give you some of the information you are looking for.

I'm not sure what the relation was with Ljutic. When I moved to Castle Rock and met Arnold in 1968 he was the MEC distributor and was selling KFC shotguns made in Japan. I believe in one of Arnold's books he makes reference to Ljutic.

Good Luck,

Ajax