Trapshooters Forum banner

Armslist Buyers Beware!!!!

9K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  todddietrich 
#1 ·
I watch for bargains on the Armslist website all the time. I have made sales and purchases from dealings on Armslist as well. I ran across this Citori 525 Sporting today and it really seamed too much of a bargain to be real. I checked around and I found another Citori 525 on GunBroker and found THE SAME PICTURES!!!
I want to e-mail Armslist but I can't find an e-mail to alert any one on this. I did flag it as a scam, which is all the website allows. Check it out and watch out for this on the web!

Joe

GunBroker Citori: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=392641983

Armslist Citori: http://www.armslist.com/posts/2676836/milwaukee-wisconsin-shotguns-for-sale--browning-citori-525-sporting-12ga-nib

#3 ·
If you want to find the "ammo hoarders" er I mean ammo gougers look no farther then "Armslist"

Funnest one I've seen was a guy in Oregon who couldn't even wait tell he go out of Bi-mart with a cart full of CCI mini mags(took a picture and posted it). He paid $6.89 per 100 and was trying to get $14 per 100!

Then there is the guy on the wet side of WA posting $75 for a box of 25 rounds of 12 gauge shells!!

I've been getting 500 round bricks at our local Bi-mart for under $20, if I get there early enough.

Don't think I'll be buying any "$14 for 100" any time soon!!! LOL!!!
OR $35 for 333 bulk packs!!

#9 ·
Some other clues for armslist scams is they do not list a city. just "Texas, Texas" etc, also will list a gun below the going market value. When confronted with location of the gun or a chance to inspect the gun they disappear. Also you can hit the other items listed for the seller and many times they will have different guns listed in different areas of the country. Always be suspect. Have bought a lot of guns off the internet and have not been burned yet but the scams are getting more common. Have offered to look at two different guns this past week and have gotten the run around. dismised both from consideration david

#11 ·
If you want to pin point any given website you are do yourself an injustice. Web scams are everywhere. Remember, If it is too good to be true........
As to gouging whatever, ammo, primer, powder, gasoline, JUST DON'T BUY IT. I see all the ammo I could possibly afford at the gun shows. Prices are crazy but I didn't ask them what they paid to get it. Didn't buy it and with all the reloaders I have don't need it..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.