1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arms treaty talks end with no deal

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by dhwbailey, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

Arms Trade Treaty talks end.
    The Arms Trade Treaty negotioations have ended without producing a treaty. The Canadian government held firm on it's recognition of the rights of firearms owners right to the end. Despite having support from some countries regarding Canada's position consensus could not be achieved and the talks have ended.

Many thanks to CSSA President Steve Torino for a spectacular job under very difficult circumstances. Steve served on Canada's delegation during the talks.

You did us proud Steve and THANK YOU!!!!

2. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

It looks like we're ok for now. In reading, it sounds like the General Assembly of the UN terrorists are adamant about passing this thing in 2012.Not really sure how that works. It was supposed to be a unanimious "yes" from all 193 countries that participate. China and Russia also said no. Big surprise there, eh. I guess Vladamer didn't want his arms dealing cash cow to die.We did have 51 Senators sign and send a letter to Bama telling him NO.I have to look up who the 51 were. Stay tuned friends.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Keep in mind that even if the courts uphold the constitution and Second Amendment over the treaty, that this could wind up potentially shutting off ALL imported firearms to the USA, simply by putting enough restrictions on the exporting countries, who don't have a constitution and Second Amendment.

4. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Time to buy stock in Colt.

Time to make sure that everybody that wants an AR-15 has one...and at least 40,000 rounds to keep it company.

WE have the right and responsibility to preserve, protect, and defend The Constitution of The United States of America...against ALL enemies, both foreign AND DOMESTIC!

It's not about hunting...it's about LIBERTY.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    40,000 rounds? That's a huge chunk of change for most people. And the logistics of transport is another issue. And an AR15 is going to need several barrel replacments and be pretty worn out to shoot that much ammo.

Resistance groups in France, Yugoslavia, China, the Philippines, Ireland, and many other places showed simply killing their oppressors and taking what they carried made for a steady stream of weapons and ammo.

Heck, in our own country, Bonnie and Clyde simply backed up to the local National Guard armory or knocked over a police station to get their guns and ammo.

6. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I like your logic and I must admit your approach is much more practical than mine. On the other hand, if a fully automatic M16 is capable of firing 800 rounds per minute, and if I am in an extremely aggressive mood, it is possible to burn 4,000 rounds in 7 or 8 minutes, depending on how much time I might want to use lighting a Winston, looking for a target, and cleaning the poop out of my skivvies. In a couple of hours of Rambo styled warfare, I'm busted and they say that ain't such a good thing.

My view:"Never send a boy to do a man's job."

It's not about hunting, it's about LIBERTY.

7. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Oh, by the way, my guess is that the DHS has figured out a way to transport that 450 Million rounds of .40 cal ammo they ordered in March.

Don't forget Pogo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.