1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Armed school guards

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 635 G, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Lets be honest guys--I have a CCW-I'm far from a good handgun shooter--my lasers make me accurate. However; I believe any person carrying in a school as a professional security officer should be trained to the level of Secret Service or Air Marshalls. Most cops do not train enough to be that proficient in close quarters combat.

Phil Berkowitz

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I agree with what Rick said above. The suggestion in St. Louis County for armed teachers or Police even stated "extensive" training. It's a must.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rick Barker you and gtitan were pushing for just that( untrained CCW holders) a couple of days ago before wayne stated professionals - just as I had by the way

So you two have a shelf life of what? 48 hours in your beliefs? Unbelievable

Rick Barker and gtitan- are you two TWINS? or just Democrats in disquise?

And every CCW holder is untrained - unless they received some significant training as a law enforcement officer or military member before hand.

CCW MEANS NOTHING

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. grntitan

Prove it Gene!! You cut and paste where I said anything of the sort you babbling idiot.

5. g7777777

Rick- I never heard of anyone sitting on their concealed weapon before you just mentioned it?

Do you get some kind of thrill or something? Odd- Democrat thing like Bill Clinton dripping wax or what?

Here in the heartland we do things the normal way

Please dont post a picture of how you do it though

Son

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS yes I do believe in the right to obtain CCW permits in case you wondered

I still havent had an answer if you two are twins or not

6. g7777777

Rick you were part of the CCW gang until I came along- and then a whole bunch of other posters- you gradually changed your position

Now that Wayne says professionals only- you are all in.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS_ still want to know about the twin thing and interested why you sit on your gun- not interested enough to want graphic details but still interested

Son

7. grntitan

Still waiting for you to back your BS lies Gene. Show me where I said anything of the sort or STFU.

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Hey guys its Christmas- save it for another day--

Phil Berkowitz

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

He's right - it's Christmas time, guys. Let's all chip in and get Chesty back on his meds.

-Gary

[​IMG]

10. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I don't see why school employees would need anymore training to carry than anybody else with a concealed carry license. CC licence holders have a very good record of responsible firemarm use. Why do some think that teachers are too stupid to use their CC license responsibly?

1/3rd of schools in the country already have a resource officer, as did Columbine HS. It's a good thing but multiple layers of security are far better then just one.

11. rustygun

rustygun Member

CCW training varies from state to state, some do not require training.

12. g7777777

There is no significant "training" required by anyone that has a CCW

The Barker and Gtitan twins- you are trying to split paper- allowing a teacher to carry in a school is the same thing- Only armed professionals should have firearms in schools.

The greatest danger to the students if a teacher or a parent or any administrator carried would be that they would be disarmed or lose thier firearm

Rick you again admit to stating "I have promoted the right for people to carry a weapon so long as they have complied with the law,..." as has your twin

You both have commented that by making schools gun free zones we have invited this.

CCW means nothing- it means nothing

Regards from Iowa

Gene

13. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Yes armed guards are the answer. Also checks of contractors who are working around the schools would be a good idea. Guns are not the only problem. Knives and other weapons are equally bad. Perhaps some guards should be trained in martial arts as well. In the 1990's there were incidents with toxic fumes at one school under going renovation. Faculty and children at the elementary school were evacuated. (My son had to cover his face with his shirt as did others in 2nd grade) Three years later there were articles that a few of the kids and faculty were still sick from their injury. Another school in the next town over had the same problem in their high school but it was unknown if they were under renovation. The cause of the fumes was attributed to the construction but it was never determined what exactly it was. Schools use safety crossing guards why not just safety guards that are concealed weapons carriers as well or in addition to?

14. g7777777

Mr Barker- you are confused again about CCWs.

1. The Supreme Court did not say that- their ruling was limited to a single fact situation

2. I am not against CCWs-- just not in schools- I have a CCW myself

3. CCWs are only for your protection and so issued=

4. CCWs give you no- I repeat no- none- nadaa- addtional powers

5. CCWs do not turn a wannabee ( hopefully a very small percentage of the populations that hold them) into anything other than a wannabee who can legally carry a firearm concealed in accordance with his/her permit

Regards from Iowa

Gene

15. WIN12 MAN

WIN12 MAN TS Member

[​IMG]

WAKE THE HELL UP !!!!!!!!!

16. g7777777

Rick I already posted one quote of yours- I dont have time to police you

Allowing a teacher to carry and saying schools shouldnt be gun free zones are exactly what we are talking about

Son

Regards from Iowa

Gene

17. grntitan

Hey cuckoo bird Gene. Show me where I said anything of the sort of arming teachers or anything remotely close. The ONLY thing I have said was to report a story that my local Fox News station aired about St. Louis County Sheriffs talking with schools on the subject. I didn't even state my personal feelings on it.

Now loud mouth, put your money where your mouth is and show me my statements that differ from what I just stated or STFU troll. I want the thread and post from me stating what YOU said I said.

18. g7777777

You two also need to learn to read and more than that-- your memory retention needs work

Just read up and you will find it

I dont have time to keep track of you two and your personal attacks are getting old.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

19. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Eugene is a keet of another color.

20. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

It is too bad these posts go down hill so quickly. Geez.

My thought: Teachers/custodians/principals have all summer off. They could be trained. Each state could have a combat town school and a staff and districts could come through one by one for a couple weeks each year. It's certainly possible to make them proficient.

As has been said on here before, any idiot that tries to shoot up a school is going to turn tail when the lead starts coming back at them.

I say one armed staff person per 75 students or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.