1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Armed protestors show up at Obama speech

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by W.P.T., Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

It is not uncommon to see people with a side arm, but rarely do you see them with a rifle walking down the street here in Arizona ... Obama will probably start some crap about that in the near future ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

No where in the story did it say the weapons were loaded untill the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence was asked for comment. How could someone over 2000 miles away make that determination?

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

that goes beyond stupid

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I feel that an unloaded gun is more dangerous to the person carrying it than a loaded gun ... Mine is always ready, just in case ...

I have attended several rallys where the Illegals were marching on or about something and usually wear my American Flag shirt and have a side arm that is obvious to those around me and its always fully loaded ... One time a Mexican asked me if I was a cop, I told him "NO" I'm an American ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. 50calshooter

50calshooter TS Member

I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now. The people here in the Midwest do not care about what the people in the East or West cost think we know our heritage, and I have to say I think this is only the start. The people I know have passion and conviction for there rights. Thats why there is red and blue states. This should get intresting, and if you do not belive, look at the ammo and gun sales. And if BamBam makes a fuss it will only make the country that much more divided.

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Eddie Your 100% wrong . The harm was-is being by people that don,t use there FREEDOM every day .

7. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Taking a gun to an event like that is stupid beyond belief. All it does is convince people who are trying to make up their minds on the gun issue that people who want guns are nuts.

It is not necessary to exercise a right at every conceivable opportunity in order to preserve it. Just exercise it as your needs require. And nobody needs a gun at a political rally, with the possible exception of LEOs.

Do you take your gun with you when entering a public restroom? There might be a terrorist (or worse yet, a rapist) in one of the stalls waiting for you, you know...

Ted K.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Think about it, not one shot was fired ... The Presidential Security (Secret Service) didn't seem to be bothered by it and trust me they knew, its normal here ... Its funny that people can be stripped of their rights and then think its stupid when others exercise theirs, especially in public rest rooms now days ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

The only problem I see with this whole thing is it was only a dozen or so people that had guns....it should have been millions!

Mark Rounds

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Ted I,v been in restrooms were you better have a gun or your not safe . You need to get out more . And don,t say not to go to a place like that some times you find a problem like it or not .

11. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

At least the police and Secret Service have shown that they WERE aware of the laws that are in place. They both acknowledged it is LEGAL under all the pertinent legal requirements.

Unlike some other "law enforcement" personnel who do NOT know the pertinent laws but try to enforce THEIR views while ignoring the laws that cover the situation, the authorities there did follow the law. To many times "law enforcement" officers have harassed and even arrested people who were in full compliance with the law in their jurisdiction. Someone who is willing to ignore the law, either through ignorance, or worse, PERSONAL desires, and doing so in the name of "law enforcement", only lowers the respect by citizens for all law enforcement. It is encouraging to see that some modern "colonists" ARE willing to let it be known that King George (or in this case Schumer, Pelosie, Kennedy, McCarthy et al) have not eliminated the spirit that lead to the creation of the Unites STATES of America. They may now begin to appreciate (fear?) that their ultra-liberal east/west coast views are not as widespread as they might have fooled themselves into believing.

More discouraging is that the NRA did not have the courage to come out and say that these citizens were in compliance with the law and as such were treated properly by the authorities. It will be enlightening to see what the NRA has to say about this. I could only hope, but I don't think it is so, that the "Did not comment" remark by the reporter was because his/her efforts were designed to not allow a reply by the NRA.

12. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

You can bet after this there will legislation passed that will not allow guns at any kind of political event.

13. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Between the heated and rebellious protests on "Health Care", and the political repercussions of earlier gun control efforts by some politicians, and a new spirit of independent thought arising in the U.S., a politician who wants to keep his/her job may be wise to remember a saying variously attributed to Abe Lincoln, Ben Franklin and a few others when thinking about raising the issue of gun control in any form:

"Tis better to keep your mouth shut and be thought possibly a fool than to open it and remove all doubt!"

14. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I'm not sure taking that kind of a stand was good for gun owners. We may have just fuled the antigun fire!

15. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Has anyone looked at the possible, and probable other side of the coin that these "gun enthusiasts" that decided to bring guns to the rally were planted there to further the lefts agenda??

16. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I don't think a positive message was sent with the open carry of arms here. I see it as an offensive threat and not something mainstream america will support. Call me pussified if you will but I think this is an abuse the rights we have under the second amendment.

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The American people have rights and they do not change or get altered because Obama is in town ... I carry all the time, not just when others think I should ... Remember, when seconds count the cops are only minutes away ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

wolfram

Is there a level of government intervention that would make you want to stand up and carry your arms in public and display your rights?

19. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Man you just can't get more stupid than that. It's the kind of juvenile, mine's bigger than yours, behavior that would tip people on the fence the wrong way.

You just don't go flouting your guns in public especially with all the high profile crimes that involve guns recently getting publicity. Not a good message and one that surely can be used negatively by the antis.

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Talk about abused rights, have you seen or read Obama's proposed Healthcare bill, that could be classified as a death warrant for seniors but Illegals will be treated ..? Basically, if you get sick they let you die unless you are strong enough to fight it off on your own, unless you are Illegal ... The Government will restrict any rights once they start, and then get away with restricting all of them ... Was good Judgement used, NO, but were any laws broken, No ... The NRA fights for our rights, yep they jumped right up and defended what took place but there was no need ... Legal is legal, Illegal is illegal, there is no gray area ... Ironic that a Black man was the one with the rifle, maybe like someone said a lefty in the spotlight ... I wouldn't waste my time walking across the street to see Obama and or his family, but if I did I would be armed ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.