1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arm sore from Flu shot

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have gotten flu shots twice now, last year arm was sore for more than 3 months.

This year 1 1/2 monthys ago and my arm is more sore than last year and aches constantly, I feel a slight bump at injection site.

It is painful to raise the gun, but have been bearing it as I like to shoot.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Be sure to get one again next year.

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

L.O.L. I hear its best to get them in both arms

4. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Are you alergic to eggs?

Robert

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Who would give you a flu shot in May??? Influenza season doesn't even start until October in the U.S. Do they already know what strain of influenza might have the largest breakout this upcoming winter, and started making the vaccine for it?? Just curious.

Wayne

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Get the vaccine you snort. Then you will have a sore nose.

HM

7. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

My doc wouldn't even LET me have one until about the end of October, and I'm classed as high risk due to my age and diabetic issues. Getting them too early or too late apparently will not let you the develop the maximum protection against the particular strain of the virus that each year's annual shot is designed for. ....Rick

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The shot for this year has already been approved.

The flu virus's that the shot is built around are the same as last year and the vaccine will be the same shot as last year.

You will need a shot this year as immunity declines over time. I would assume if you get the shot in the fall, get it again in the fall to get the best results.

9. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Get a half dozen! Somtimes it's a dirty needle or improper cleaning of the injection site. Don't let them put them in the arm. Rather have them where you sit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.