1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arlington at Christmas

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I had no idea this was done. I thought you might want to see it.

Rest easy, sleep well my brothers.

Know the line has held, your job is done.

Rest easy, sleep well.

Others have taken up where you fell, the line has held.

Peace, peace, and farewell...

These wreaths -- some 5,000 -- are donated by the Worcester Wreath Co. of Harrington , Maine . The owner, Merrill Worcester, not only provides the wreaths, but covers the trucking expense as well. He's done this since 1992. A wonderful guy. Also, most years, groups of Maine school kids combine an educational trip to DC with this event to help out. Making this even more remarkable is the fact that Harrington is in one the poorest parts of the state.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

You hear too much about the bad things people do. Everyone should hear about this.

God Bless them all...

Jerbear

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jerbear- Arlington is a very somber place any time of year. During Christmas, it will make the strongest man weep.

Pat Ireland

3. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

This is on local New England news every year, complete with interviews of the owner. It still gets me.

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I have visited Arlington many times but I have never visited Arlington at Christmas. This photograph is a true Christmas present.

A walk through Arlington restores your soul.

If you ever visit Arlington, please make the climb up to Arlington House, the home or Gen. Robert E. Lee. The view from the second floor library, over the front porch, is perhaps the most beautiful picture of our nation’s capital you will ever see.

Thank You, Jerbear, for the wonderful post.

5. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

I had the honor of going to Arlington this summer with my son's 8th grade class trip...what an amazing place...I just wish we had had more time to spend there. My son even said he would like to go back and see more of Arlington and of Washington itself. I can only imagine how it would feel to stand there at Christmas time.

Kym

6. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

For thoes who gave all................Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.