1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arlen Specter is dead.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by crusha, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Here's sincerely hoping there won't be any more like him.

If there were fewer professional compromisers with indistinct principles sucking the gubmint tit at taxpayer expense their whole lives...maybe this country wouldn't be 16 Trillion in debt.

What say you?

(This is my personal attempt at Intellectual Humility, MTimney...please feel free to critique).

2. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Call me cruel.......GOOD RIDDANCE, I say.

PA resident who listened to his crap, ever since the days of the "magic bullet".

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

I'm not glad he died.

But I'm glad he died a Civilian (meaning, deposed from his government role).

I feel the same way about Dick Lugar, Indiana's own version of Arlen Specter. I don't wish him dead. But it puts morning glories up my shorts every single day I get up and realize he's nothing but John Q. Public citizen now. And that it burns his shorts to cinders to know it.

To hold a Senate seat for 36 years, into your eighties? Then get mad and refuse to support the Republican the voters chose to succeed you, after returning you to Washington for 6 terms? Because you wanted to be a Senator until you're 86?

Now that's just an arrogant son-of-a-bitch, right there.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Let's say something good about the dearly departed.............

anybody?

anything?

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

He was a...well, he was a darn fine...um, he showed grace and courage, switching parties to keep his job at all costs, regardless what the voters wanted?

Yep, that's courage, right there. Or, "something." You gotta admire that.

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

buzzy, don't want to ruin your evening, but rumor is if Romney gets elected ole Dick Lugar might be his nominee for Secretary of State.

God I hope not. I'm hoping it is just wishful thinking on the part of Lugar staffers hoping they won't have to leave DC and find a real job.

7. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Bisi:

Something good?? I can handle that...

Not many people know this but one of Specter's best friends was Jerry O'Grady. Toward the very end, Specter had the following exchange with his friend.

Specter: "I got this bottle of fine Irish whiskey. When I go to the hereafter, do you mind sprinkling it on my grave?"

O'Grady: "We been friends a long time Arlen. I'd be more than happy to hon'r your request. Do you mind if I drink it first?"

sissy

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

recoil, LOL

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bisi,

You just lost a Romney vote right there, pal.

(cripes!)

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I was thinking the same thing, maybe I should vote Gary Johnson Libertarian?

No, gotta keep our eye on the prize. The prize isn't Romney, the prize is taking Air Force One away from Barack and Moochelle.

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ML6oLuLecQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let's see what Clint has to say about this.

12. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Arlen Specter is dead.

Jack Murtha is dead.

Ted Kennedy is dead.

What a pity.

13. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Bisi:

Sometimes random thoughts just pop into my mind. Here's an example...

Once upon a time - long ago and far away - a self-serving politician named Marlon died. The kind hearted pastor of Marlon's church sat preparing for the funeral service but couldn’t think of single nice thing to say.

The pastor searched feverishly for someone - anyone - with a kind word for the deceased. Nobody stepped up to the plate. So the pastor got the idea to call the church in the village where Marlon was born. He figured there might be someone who remembered Marlon as a boy and who might have at least one fond memory to share.

The priest “over there” was a very old man. He had grown up with Marlon and offered to come to the funeral and say the nicest thing he remembered.

On the day of the funeral the old priest arrived in time to give the eulogy. He tottered up to the pulpit, looked out at the nearly empty church and shared the nicest thing he could remember:

"Marlon's brother was worse."

14. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Intellectual? Humility? Really?

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm a Democrat. No i'm a Republican. No i'm a Democrat. Thank you Lord for having him meet up with Murtha and Bud Dwyer.

Bisi, something good. With all his BS he should make good fertilizer.

Bulge from Pa..

16. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

I think Arlen had a keen sense of knowing how to ride the fence and jump to the side that benefited him the most. He got a lot out of that talent. Im sure God is so confused that he will probably leave him on the fence.

17. JAAS

JAAS TS Member

Other than trying to figure out if he was a democrat or republican, one worthy thing he did was show some courage in going up against the FBI and the Washington establishment and insisting on holding hearings on Ruby Ridge in 1995. His efforts helped expose more of the government’s lies and abuses about the case.

18. atashooter

atashooter Member

Couldn't have happened to a nicer Dumbass

19. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I truly hate to see anyone leave this earth with that affliction (Cancer). It's a horrible way for anyone to go. I will say, I was not the least bit unhapppy to see him defeated in his last primary. May God have mercy on his soul.

20. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

He was a big pain in the ass. He called my friend who was an executive for a large food concern with its headquarders here and proceeded to rant on about some problem that did not exist.

His switcheroo deal made him a laughingstock to all.

Now St. Peter can straightn it out.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.