Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

arkansas state shoot

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Darla 
#1 ·
any info on arkansas state shoot ? web site or anything.............

#2 ·
I'll post the results from today and tomorrow, tomorrow night and put a link here. Tom Yeager won the HCP today with a 98 and won AA doubles with a 99. Singles was a carryover. That's all I can remember. Forgot to post the results tonight and am going to bed now. (Yawn)

Darla

#3 ·
my son and i were thinking about driving down saturday and shoot.. its about 5 hours away , i was wondering if this shoot is recomended.. my son spoke with a man on the phone and was told they expected record numbers saturday (800) on 10 traps.. he said they might shoot 100 targets insted of 200.. is this program on line ..

#5 ·
Good luck with the phone thing. I have made several calls, been given several different answers. The last call, 2 days ago, I was told I would have to be there by 8 AM to register. Called over a month ago and asked for a program, Barry took down my name and address and said he would send it out, I am still waiting. Just wish I could get some reliable information.

I think I am still going to drive down there as it is about three hours from here and I am tied up Sunday and can't go to Sheldon (MO), which is my prefrence.

#10 ·
We have 155 paid entries for tomorrow. Some more are squadded, but not paid. Everybody is having a great time, the weather's been beautiful. We are shooting the wave system Sat. and they have added 2 new traps. The results so far are at the link above. See you there.

Darla

PS: Congrats to Grady Beaver on his 98 for the handicap champ today. One of our special favorite people.

#11 ·
Well I can say that Sat was a great day. I got to attend my first official ATA match, watch my grandson shoot his high round ever, 22 and was able to watch some great shooting by very friendly folks. What more could you ask?? Well, maybe for the grandson to go 200 straight! ;)

Mike

#12 ·
68sscamaro - it was probably me that your son talked to. And if there was a mis-communication I apologize. I think what I said was that we didn't really know how many we could expect. It was a great big question mark. This past year we have had an explosion of new youth shooters thanks to an Arkansas Game & Fish Commission program that supports youth trap shooting. It is led by a gentleman named Chuck Woodson and he has done an outstanding job. Over 2200 kids participated last year. Largest youth shooting program of its kind in the nation. They mostly shoot non-registered targets but there has been a large over flow into the registered target game.

When I became the state secretary a few years ago we had less than 300 names on our mailing list for our state shoot. We now have over 800 on that list. That is where the 800 number came from that your son referred to.

So, we really didn't know what to expect.

As it turned out we were up slightly. But considering the price of gas and that other places are seeing reductions in their numbers - we were pleased.

Thanks every one for making our 2008 AR State Shoot a fun and memorable experience

Dan Bogler

#14 ·
turmite - one of the problems with holding any shoot is the fact that the only input the organizers hear is from those that have a complaint. The happy majority keep silent. I would encourage anyone to send Bronson Castleberry a note telling him how you appreciated all his hard work. He really did go the extra mile this year - not only at the state shoot - but also for all the youth shoots he held. He gave it his all. I don't know his office adress but you can send him a note of thanks by sending it to:

Bronson Castleberry
c/o Remington
219 Honeysuckle
Lonoke, AR

#15 ·
Will do Dan,

I will do a search to see if I can find an email and if so will take care of it that way. I will also spread the word since I know from personal experience how much hard work it is to put on a shoot, though not nearly as large and not shotgun related!

Mike

#17 ·
we drove down saturday morning and had a wonderful time.. Ryan did not shoot his best but he did get up at 2:30 in the morning to ride down.. we met some great people especially a man from tennessee that knew every thing about berettas, wish i would have gotten his name...the meal tickets are a great idea and the food was wonderful.. i am glad i made the trip but next year i plan on staying a few days.....

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.