1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arkansas shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AUSSIE RAY, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AUSSIE RAY

AUSSIE RAY TS Member

Is this indicative of all shooters in Arkansas? Had a guy come by our booth at the Grand on Wednesday, ordered a set of prescription lenses which have to be specially ground, wanted them sent to his house urgently - said he would be back with the check. We called it in in good faith and two days later he still is not back? Spoke with him on the phone tonight said he has changed his mind! and then hung up on me!Thanks for nothing Richard Strickland. In 23 years coming to this great country never met anyone like that!
    Aussie Ray

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear anybody get treated that way.

I'm also sorry you got stung, and by posting his name here, you let everyone know the kind of person he is. That's good.

Not to many would sell their good name that cheap, but maybe his name isn't worth anything to start with.

Here's hoping those that know him let him know he has been exposed for what he is.

Hauxfan!

3. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Was his home address in Hope, AR?

HBT

4. docl

docl TS Member

Jonesboro,AR circa 1958. I don't know if this relates: In 1980 an old well respected Internal Medicine physician told me he received a frantic call from a man saying, "Doc you've got to come quick my wife is in agony and having severe abdominal pain, she is running fever, Doc I'm afraid she is going to die, you've got to come. The Doc asks where his patient lives and he is given directions, it is about 20 miles out of town on gravel roads. Doc you see still does makes house calls. It is 2:30AM and the Doc has a full day scheduled in the office and must get up at 5:30A to begin hospital rounds each day. The doc gets up begins driving to the house with the directions given, he is looking for a house with the front porch light on. Well he drives and looks and looks but can't find the house and he is sure he knows where the house must be. There are no cell phones those days so he drives back home it is 4:00AM. He calls the patients husband and states I drove to the house with the directions you gave me. "Oh Doc sorry to have troubled you, she got better so I just turned off the light." A true story, I was a resident in family medicine assigned to the ER one night and the ole Doc was there seeing one of his patients and he told me that story. I said you're joking he said, I wish I could tell you that but that is a true story.

5. Butterfingers

Butterfingers TS Member

Little Rock

6. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Had a friend in the wrecker business, he was called out for a car in the ditch, winter time, cold and at night, told the guy what the cost is to get pulled out and he said to come, pulled the guy out and then the guy said no money , this will have to be a freebee, he said I don't think so, and gently pushed the car back into the ditch and drove away. Minnesota jungle justice. Glenn

7. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

What does the state this guy comes from have to do with anything? Why mention Aussie Ray that you've been here 23 years I guess from Australia? Are Australians superior to Arkansans or even all Americans in your view? You came close to a "when did you quit beating your wife" type question, was this for a purpose?

Looks to me like you trusted someone you shouldn't have, made a bad business decision, and no I'm not taking up for the renegger. According to your account he did you wrong, we don't have his account.

But, I think it's wrong to come on a public forum and cast dispersions on a whole state of shooters just because one guy allegedly screwed you. Am I to think that all Aussies are whining girly men who have to cry to the internet when they've made a bad call? Geez pull your panties up and move on.

I have relatives and friends in Arkansas, no they're not related to your guy or know of him. They are just hard working good honest Americans and I don't believe they deserve to be lumped in with him. You Sir owe the shooters of Arkansas an apology.

Please list the name of your business so I can relay it to the Arkansans.

SBE American

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Few seem to recognize that the verbal agreement described is a valid contract enforceable by law.

Pat Ireland

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Aussie Ray did the right thing by reporting the perp's name.

People are only good as their word.

Pat's right, SBE is wrong!

Curt

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

At least we didn't have to buy a vowell this time.

11. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Silverbulletexpress, have you thought about joining Obammys team? With your line of thinking, you would fit right in.

Gne J

12. brigade

brigade TS Member

Aussie Ray

You are very wrong in even implying anything about shooters in Arkansas. SBE American is right. If this man, as you have stated, has done what you say he has done, then the problem is with him not "EVERY ARKANSAS SHOOTER".

Let me tell you Aussie Ray this is a public forum and neither YOU nor ANYBODY ELSE should use this site to slander(read the rules). You have other legal recourse, this is AMERICA. What is the name of your business? Have you ever made a mistake? If so does this mean everybody in australia would be like YOU? You have been coming here for 23 yrs. and it sounds like this is a first for you. Ed

trapshooting hippie-you do not have a clue........

13. 200str8dad

200str8dad TS Member

Hey aussie ray, my son is shooting up there with a bunch of his buddies, all from AR. Great bunch of boys and parents and grandparents. Had his Shamrock shell carrier, with team name AND his full name engraved into it, stolen from a shootoff. Would it be fair for me to say whatever state that scumbag is from that stole it, ALL are theives?

14. brigade

brigade TS Member

Would anybody be so kind to post "aussie rays" business name, address and point of contact ? Free advertising Right? I need new prescription lenses!!!!! Ed

15. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Aussie Ray:

You are wrong for singling out people from Arkansas because one person didn't do you right. If you feel that way, there are airplanes leaving for Australia every day.

DoubleAuto

16. flyfishinfool

flyfishinfool TS Member

Now - Now - let's calm down.

I am from Arkansas and took no personal offense by the original post.

It was a rhetorical question. I feel sure that he really didn't mean to do Arkansas any harm. The question could have been "are all thin people crooks ?" - in which case my answer would be - yes - I don't ever trust a skinny person. Same thing - no harm meant. Have a sense of humor guys.

My problem with the post, however, is not the mentioning of Arkansas but rather giving out the individuals name in a public way, There may or may not be two sides to the issue. It doesn't matter.

Pat is right (as usual). There are legal means of enforcing a contract whether it be verbal or written.

Aussie Ray - sorry about the sour deal. I hope it gets resolved

Dan

17. flyfishinfool

flyfishinfool TS Member

EE - I understand

I guess being from Arkansas we are used to poking at each other and take no offense at Arkansas jokes.

On the other hand if a thread ever starts out with "Are all fat people crooks?" I would be screaming bloody murder and demanding that the thread be pulled.

Just for the record EE - every time I shoot I get beat either by an old person, a kid or a skinny person. And I hate all three.

Dan :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.