1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arkansas/Illinois duck hunt

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Setterman, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Looking for place to schedule a duck hunt. Any suggestions? Party of 4-6 . Late November early December, or in the last 2 weeks of the season in Arkansas.
    Thanks for your help!

2. Setterman

3. stkelly62

stkelly62 TS Member

Contact Randy at KY-ARK HUNT CLUB www.arkansasfever.com for a fantastic hunt with great guides and plenty of birds. you won't be disappointed.

SCOTT

4. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Try NE South Dakota in early/mid November. More public land, more potholes, more ducks than you can believe.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

5. romie

romie Active Member

If you want to hunt snow geese like the above post , go to Texas. I would not go November in Arkansas I don't know about Illinois. I would go the last two weeks and you would still need to get lucky as far as weather.November is a low success month as a rule.Except last year, it was cold late November
    monty

6. RSHOOTER870

RSHOOTER870 TS Member

grassy lake hunting club ware il. in union county right next to the refuge. the man to talk to is collin cain. tell him greg sent you. they shoot the hell out of them.

7. Setterman

Thanks for the response. Have been to Arkansas in January, and it is a hit and miss thing w/ ice and birds. Have also been to Southern Illinois @ Rend Lake, but the birds were so hunter spooked they barely moved off the preserve. Just want to have a decent hunt.

8. Setterman

Looking in Ark or Ill. because it's closer. 10 hour drive to NE Ark, 21 hours to S.D. Not interested in snow geese.

9. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Setterman:

Try going to fultoncountyoutdoors.com. It's about Fulton County, IL. Located in west/centralIL.along the Illinois River with shooting all the way down to the Mississippi. I would also recommend you call Adventure Sports Outdoors at 877-778-4868 and ask them to send you a copy of their publication-free. It' a great with coverage of all of IL. plus surrounding states. The ads for outfitters etc. is enormous. You won't be disappointed. Dave P

10. romie

romie Active Member

Duck hunting had a lot to do with timing.I lease for the whole season only and some years they have hunts early like Dec 10th, most years it's around christmas or later.Central mississippi.
    I would find some guides and wait to commit if you can.For sure check references.
    Monty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.