1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arizona Winter Chain

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tractordoc, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tractordoc

tractordoc TS Member

The ASTA will be meeting the end of April to plan the schedule for the 2012 Winter Chain. I would like to see them go to 2-week shoots at all locations. This would automatically cut the driving (fuel) in half and reduce the hassle of setting up and moving every week. With the improved facilities at Ben Avery and Tucson, more shooters are staying at one or the other all winter and occasionally travelling to Casa Grande to shoot. I think two week shoots would minimize this and keep the chain viable.

Also, I was made aware that the format of the Spring Grand of the last two years is not permanent. That is, the pre-lim week won't necessarily be in Tucson, but rotate between the 3 remaining chain clubs. I strongly believe it should stay in Tucson as it will draw more shooters, as it has the last two years.

Whatever your thoughts on the subject, you should make them known to the ASTA board. Richard Luckett is the ATA delegate and he asked my thoughts on this at the state shoot and needs feedback from shooters to promote any changes. His e-mail is richardluckett@arizonadelegate.com.

Hard to think of shooting, we got 6 inches of snow last week!

Dean Walker

2. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

Go to singles, doubles and handicap each day Monday To Friday. On the weekends when more shooters are expected then change to s-d or d-h or s-d.

Now that the Phoenix area only has Ben Avery it would give folks the chance to get the minimum targets a little easier. Drive one day and get 300 targets into the books.

It is about 80 miles to casa grande and 125 miles to Tucson from the west side of Phoenix. (Out near the stadium). 35 miles to Ben Avery in heavy city traffic in the early a.m. hours.

JMHO

Phil member

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I'm not sure the schedule would work out the best for all of the clubs involved if its set up as you describe ... I have no doubt the ASTA, and State Delegate will set it up which ever way it works out the best for the resident shooters and visitors without any preferencial treatment ... This Board is very aware of the shortfalls and improvements needed to improve the Winter Chain overall ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
arizona winter chain
arizona winter chain trap
arizona winter chain trap shoot
az winter chain trap shoot schedule

phoenix winter trap shoots

state of arizona winter chain aca trap shooting schedule

trapshooting winter chain in az
winter chain trap schedule