1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arizona State Shoot @ Ben Avery

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by W.P.T., Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Arizona State Shoot will be held at Ben Avery, hosted by the ASTA this week ... The place should be packed, they got a lot of good stuff up there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. Drew Hause

Drew Hause Well-Known Member

7 day forcast for Paradise above :)

3. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

I just got back from BA and the RV parking area is sold out. Lots of folks there ready to blast away at those nasty little orange targets.

Just a light wind when I was up there. Beautiful blue sky, 78 degrees, with lots of good looking tan folks relaxing with friends, new and old. Just a great day.

Let us all hope that the wind stays under 10mph and since there isn't any rain in the forecast it should be incredible for shooting.

Wish all you folks could join us but, alas, sometimes it just can't happen.

I checked the prices for shells at Sportsmans Warehouse.. Peters heavy 8's/7 1/2's...are 5.99 minus 5% off for flat purchases. Remington Game loads @ 1290 fps 8's are 4.99 -- 1 oz only (only ones that I found).

Great shooting to all....and may you run them....

Philip Santos (squaded and ready for some fun)

4. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

The 10 o'clock news report states that we will hit 96 degrees on Friday.

I hope that he is wrong. Should drop down a few degrees on Sat and Sun, but not much (still in the 90's).

Phil

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Please do not forget your sunscreen, it'll be very sunny and a little on the warm side this weekend ... Hats usually come in handy when shooting in the desert ... Drink lots of water ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It is great to see this facility prosper again. I remember when it was no fun to go there. It is a really nice facility

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I just dropped in at Ben Avery yesterday and the place is crawling with people and this is only the preliminary days ... The championship days should be standing room only ... The shoot seems to be going well with fast turn arounds in between the events ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

Today Mar 30 Thu 31 Fri Apr 1 Sat 2 Sun 3
    88 91 98 94 86 and windy

These are the projected temps for the next five days. (from weather.com) for the phoenix, az area. figure =/- 4 degrees.

Sunday should be a fun day. Windy on doubles and handicap championship day....

Phil

9. plaw

plaw Active Member

Wish i were there,we had snow flurries all morning with a stout wind!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ar state trap shot at ben avery