1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arizona shooting areas HELP !!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BigBearRod, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBearRod

BigBearRod Member

I'm in Catalina Az and was wondering if anyone out there has a map of BLM land near Catalina Az??? If you could scan it in or just tell me driving directions from Catalina to BLM land close to me I'd appreciate it. Or if you know of any other land that I can go throw some clays legally, please let me know.

Thanks for any help ! Rod

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rod,

You'd be better off asking some of the locals because its not legal to shoot on all BLM land ... They usually post signs but people usually use them as targets ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

7800 West Old Ajo Highway.........Tucson Trap & Skeet club.

Why go out stumbling around in the desert when you can shoot at a quality facility?

Not to mention the safety aspect.

HM

4. BigBearRod

BigBearRod Member

I hear you all. I love and support Tucson trap and skeet ( have 12 more rounds on my card ) BUT it's an hour away so I thought if I could just go plinkin once in a while it would be fun.

Thanks for the replies ! Take care, Rod

5. BigBearRod

BigBearRod Member

ttt, just in case anyone else can help.

Thanks, Rod

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The link above may help.

What you do with the information is up to you.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Just be sure to pick up the broken targets. Nothing worse than enjoying nature and coming across man's garbage.

Why don't you just look in the phone book under "gravel Pits" and see if you can find something?

HM

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rod, An hours drive to a good club is well worth the drive any day. Why would you leave a mess in the desert that only speaks poorly of all of us. I don't mean to lecture, but it is a shame to be enjoying the beautiful outdoors that you have in Az and come across the mess that's left by shooters. Shoot often and enjoy, Bob

9. BigBearRod

BigBearRod Member

Ok, you talked me out of it.... I went to Tucson Trap and Skeet this morning and shot 6 rounds of singles. Hit 128 out of 150. Still learning. Lots of nice people there to talk to !

Later, Rod

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

In the long run Rod it'll be worth it for the good people you meet there. There's an old goat hangs around there now and then who sometimes lurks on here by the name of Hap. :) When I'm in Az it's 62 miles to Ben Avery and worth every inch after you get there. Glad you had a good time, Bob

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Old? Goat? OLD GOAT!! I'll havya kno they I'm oney 39 n holdin ya ole buzzard! Well, Jack Benny got by with that song n dance for nearly a hunnert years and it worked well for him? :) Bob, we'll hafta shoot some together next time out????

Rod, sorry I missed you at the club today guy!! Had lotsa hunnie dues to pay off today!!

There's a good weekend registered ATA shoot Garden Canyon this coming weekend! Great place to shoot with a lot of great people shooting there! It's about an hour and a half from Tucson to the club! Pm me with your number if your interested in shooting down there and you can ride down with me if you'd like? I'll be going for sure Saturday and possibly Sunday also if my health problems allow?

Old Goat(AKA Hap)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.