1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arizona sadness...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by John55, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John55

John55 Active Member

The sad part of this is they caught him at the scene. I'm sure his lawyers will put up an insanity defense and the taxpayers will be stuck paying his living expenses in jail for the rest of his life. IMO, he doesn't deserve a trial, just stand him up against a wall and send him where he put those other folks.

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

That's right John, and please explain the difference between your cure and his actions!!

There is no way he should have done what he did and he deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, but do it legally.

3. John55

John55 Active Member

The difference is one man killed a number of innocent people in cold blood for no reason. When the gov't carries out an execution it is for a very good reason.

4. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

Maybe it is time for Code of Hammurabi..A eye for a eye and a tooth for a tooth..Prison time will not help any..It will just be another burden on the tax payer.I can see the lawyers and doctors lined up to line there pockets in the name of justice..Texas doe's there part to do away with these kind of problems..The country is going broke codeling this kind of trash.Justice delayed is no justice at all..Gun control will be getting a boost from this idiot..He made his statement,now it should be time for the grim reaper to make his..

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

This is a case that will still be in court long after some of us are gone, unless one of his new Homies take it upon themself to inflict justice which happens a lot of times in cases like this ... Problem is he will be guarded from the population in prison so they won't be able to do him any justice ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A lunatic does not require a logical reason for his actions, but he may have a goal.

7. jwells

jwells Member

i think he will get the death sentence within three years. he killed a federal judge and tried to kill a congresswoman. timothy mcvey didnt have to wait to long, he killed federal employees also

8. likes-to-shoot

So John your now saying that he should be tried first?

Peerless,,,,,, I justed watch a 30 min segment on tv and he purchased the handgun legally at the Sportsman Warehouse near the shooting and there was no mentioned of drug use yet. Could it be your source of information is incorrect. There are already people blaming Beck, Palin and the rest. They are claiming that their message is for violent means. Palin had some of the representatives pictured in crosshairs on her website but has removed them.

jewels......I agree. He will probably fry fast than Mcvay and rightfully so after trial.

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

It is a mistake to attempt to find a rational explanation for why this monster did what he did. One lesson I learned a couple of years ago, and once again since, is that sometimes there IS NO RATIONAL EXPLANATION. Sometimes the only rational explanation is that there isn't one, and when you continue searching for rational explanations to irrational behavior, you end up taking a circular route that always winds up exactly where you started - still looking for a rational explanation. This punk was an arrogant piece of human garbage who believed in his arrogant irrationality that killing some people was somehow going to change things, and that HE was the BY GOD man to do it. His behavior was, from any rational perspective, beyond rational explanation. That is as close to a rational explanation as you are going to find.

10. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

This is a very sad thing what happened to the people in AZ. and the congresswoman. I know everyone is concerned about the Congresswoman and hope she and the other wounded pull threw completely.
    But we must not forget what happened in Deleware with the high profile agent that was killed and put in the garbage dump. This man was excuted professionally and it is all being kept very quiet. He was under Presi. Regan,Bush and in constant state of danger. As much as what happened in AZ. we should be also screamming for answers in Washington. We know this was a nut on drugs but the murder in Deleware in something very deep that we are not supposed to know and is being swept under the rug. Don't let that happen.

11. shoottens

shoottens TS Member

No one in the crowd or with the Congresswoman had a firearm? Did everyone just stand like sheep at the slaughterhouse?
    My G-D, what have people evolved into? I can't understand what is going on. No-one thought to run at the gunman?
    I am concerned about America!
    Al Beggelman

12. shoottens

shoottens TS Member

No one in the crowd or with the Congresswoman had a firearm? Did everyone just stand like sheep at the slaughterhouse?
    My G-D, what have people evolved into? I can't understand what is going on. No-one thought to run at the gunman?
    I am concerned about America!
    Al Beggelman

13. crusha

crusha TS Member

Well...I guess birds dropping out of the sky isn't so important after all?

14. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

As I understand what was reported Al is that 3 people restrained the perp with one getting injured in the process. For most people self preservation is a base human instinct. People can say what they would do but until you're put into a situation you will never how you're gonna react. Taking another human beings life will change yours forever and in ways you could only imagine. Just a little food for thought. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

15. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

doggai, are you insinuating that the GOVERNMENT program (FBI nics check) the GOVERNMENT put into place to protect people failed?

16. likes-to-shoot

The report I heard was that when he was trying to change magazines a woman attacked him and then some others came to help subdue him..

B12................If that was the same agent I read about he was also instrumental in organizing the Viet Nam wall.

17. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

As reported on the news, the little 9yo girl that was killed was the grand daughter of baseball manager Dallas Green.

Eric

18. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I got back from a trip around the state and just this morning heard about this terrible event. My heart goes out to one and all.

I just heard that he did buy the gun legally from a store. But classmates are saying that he DID have meantal and emotional problems in school. People just didn't trust him.

This could have been stopped if Doc's were able to report such people.

My respect goes out to those people who were brave enough to jump on the shooter and disarm him. Good for them.

Now I'm afraid of the back lash that will be coming. The Gov will now use this to go after our guns. I hope not because that is going to be fight we don't want.

19. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

The sad thing is that drunk drivers kill far more people and nobody ever blames the beer. Thats a personal choice. If its gun violence then it has to be the guns fault. No personal chioce involved. This kind of occurance makes it harder and harder for lawbiding people to own guns. I live in Jersey. Can't wait to see the backlash this creates. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.