1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arizona Rancher Guilty-Fined

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Hawk46, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

For those who may have missed the news story, the Arizona rancher who intercepted and detained a bunch of illegal aliens who were crossing is land has been found guilty of inflicting "emotional distress" on the Illegals. He has been ordered to pay $87,000. This, in spite of his no trespassing signs. The floodgates are now open even wider. Where do they find these insane juries??? Must have been the same jury from the O.J. trial?

2. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Jurors should have to pass and intelligence test prior to being seated.

Buz

3. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

According to the report this WAS the appeal. He supposedly kicked one of the females but there was no suggestion that she suffered any injury. I believe the illegals were funded by a Mexican-American defense fund. I think they're lucky he didn't just shoot them. A law enforcement officer was killed by illegals just prior to the event.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I am guessing but is this the same Rancher that went on trial a couple of years ago ..? I will have to check out the Republic later and see what story they have in their paper about it ... Interesting, now them Illegals can go back home and retire on that amount of money ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

And of course, this is on the heels of the White House stating, the problem on the border is not an "emergency". Between Napalitano...former governor of AZ and the left wing pres. we may as well give AZ, NM. and Texas back to the Mexicans.

6. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Yeah: this is one of those jury's that you kind of wonder who got to them.

If I was the rancher I'd file bankruptcy right after transferring my property to my kids.

You can't get blood out of a turnip, and I'd go to jail before I gave those cockroaches one cent!

Sooner or later it is going to get ruff down there, and now since the govt won't do anything about this problem, we have an inocent man being persecuted by the criminals who sinned against him. What is the world coming to?

My .02

Randy

7. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Hey Chief, if we give those states back, next will come Utah, Colorado, Kansas, etc. Gotta stand our ground somewhere! We may all need to trade in our trap guns for AR's and 1911's to defend against the drug lords. I think they're coming... Oh, wait - that expensive wall will stop them.

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

I believe it is illegal to detain or restrain a trespasser. You can only demand that they leave your property. If you are threatened, force is justified. Unless he was threatened, he overstepped his "rights".

His options are limited. Call the police or Border Patrol (if he suspects they are illegals).

Bravado can get you in trouble. Assault is still assault even if the trespasser is not a citizen.

It is possible the jury found the rancher unrepentant and a jerk. They heard the evidence - we did not.

Don Verna

9. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

BS dverna, we are Americans and by God we have the right to defend our property and our belongings from ILLEGAL ALIENS invading our country. WE have NO need to retreat from invaders or to let them have their way with OUR PROPERTY. This needs to be fixed NOW.

10. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Silver, I'm with you especially along the border states. Don was citing what he believes to be the legalities and probably correctly so.

Whatever happened to the right of citizen's arrest? And why do illegals have any rights at all in this country? Especially the right to file suit in our courts and be represented by attorneys including public defenders? They have more "rights" here than in Mexico (just like the terrorists). I'm damn sick of it and all Americans should feel the same way IMHO.

11. shelly

shelly TS Member

Perhaps he would have been better off to have shot them all and claimed that they threatened him. Since he would be the only witness, who could say it didn't happen.

12. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If it was MALDEF that represented them, there's BIG DOLLARS funding them.......check these guys out and pay attention to who they work for.
    These people are carving out Americas future while were arguing amongst each other about HI-Cap magazines.

They are within a few election cycles of being able to vote themselves into office........Just keep hiring them to mow your lawn.

<EM>Latest news from USA TODAY

washington | Comment | Recommend

Census estimates show big gains for U.S. minorities
    7d 5h ago

U.S. racial minorities accounted for roughly 85% of the nation's population growth over the last decade -- one of the largest shares ever -- with Hispanics accounting for much of the gain in many of the states picking up new House seats.</EM>

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Typically, a Private Citizen MAY NOT use or display lethal force to stop a trespass, or loss of property.

Lethal force may only be displayed or used if said Private Citizen was in IMMINENT fear of serious bodily injury or death.

Too bad they did not try to attack him. Multiple attackers constitute Aggravated Assault, making display or use of Lethal Force appropriate.

How one comes across in Court makes all the difference. This man was the Victim, UNTIL he displayed Lethal Force.

Too late to transfer property. His bad.

Think about this before you try to play Border Patrol or Police. Even Cops have Civil issues with illegals.

Until laws are passed that do away with Anchor Babies, and give Civil Rights only to AMERICAN CITIZENS, this is what we are stuck with.

14. robervl

robervl TS Member

If you live in a border state you will usually have a different opinion than those that don't. I have noticed a change in some of the people of hispanic background. I think some mistake rights and privileges. Some day someone will get in a shooting war and the federal govt. will act like they didn't know it was that bad. If the border patrol would build a fence all along the border and install a squeeze chute about every mile or two. Then when they catch them crossing illegaly they could run them in the chute and casterate them then release back across the border. Pretty quick the word gets out and no more problem.

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  16. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Problem is every citizen must and have the right whenever a law against another american citizen is being violated it is the duty of that citizen to take action to hold the violater or violaters until proper authorites can apprehend and take into custody. That citzen can use any means needed to protect himself or property.
    If you intentionally refuse to make witness then you violated what is called the good semaritain law.
    This would depend on the state law. Most states have that law.

If appears this man did not have a jury by his peers. These people that was on a jury need to have their property violated and run over then judge somone.
    In 1934 in a murder charge case a man was found innocent. He pleeded selfdefence. The ruling came down that a person may use any force needed to protect himself.

This man was let standing alone by his neighbors and friends and every citizen in the country . The time is comming close that the americans are going to be tested. Sorry but in the last 30 yrs I havn't been wrong yet. I sure wish I was and hope I am wrong now. Bill

17. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

We had a similar thing happen in New Jersey some time ago. A group of ATV riders trespassed on private property and did some damage. The land owner caught them and called police while locking them in a shed until police arrived. The land owner was arrested and charged with illegal imprisonment. It cost him $100,000 in penalties.

18. RDM

RDM TS Member

You can't fix stupid !!

19. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Take a walk around the southern 1/4 of my state!

I am not asking much only 10 minutes of your time for the walk!

THEN TELL ME HE WAS GUILTY OF ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE way those &%^&*()%&*^$%&*^($&($&*^($*^)$%)*&^$%)&*%&()%_&%^) Illegals are trashing this place there should be if not a bounty on them!

Then an ammesty for property owners! BURY'EM WHERE YOU FIND THEM, and no charges if they are found!

Al Lingham

What a crock that he even had to go to court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. dverna

dverna Active Member

ks5

Anyone can walk onto your land and all you can do is order them to leave. You cannot shoot them, hit them, or detain them unless you are threatened. They cannot enter your home or buildings.

If they have a vehicle, you can write down the license number and see if the police will do anything.

That, I believe, is the law. We cannot change the law except through legislation. We cannot "enforce" the law - as it appears too many "citizens" do not know what the laws are.

As to living on the border and it being different - welcome to reality. People have moved out of the inner city to find a "safer" place to live. If someone wants to live in a dangerous area, that is their right. But they have NO right to become vigilantes. Does is suck - YES! But it is better than letting any idiot become sheriff, judge and executioner.

shelly,
    Killing the "illegals" (and I wonder just how someone can be 100% sure they are by just looking at them) and planting weapon(s) is a solution that may address concerns about your security and the security of your land temporarily. If it happens a couple of times a year, it may raise questions as policemen are not stupid.

Not many people are capable of murder so it seems like a "limited" solution anyway.

The only solution I see is to build the wall and capture/shoot them when they try to breach it. Legals enter at check points. I can see Felipe Calderón standing near THE WALL saying "Mr. Obama, tear down this wall!". Just like Ronnie did to Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev. Naw - never happen.

Mexico is a $hit hole and that is why people are desperate to leave. I fear it would take the "murder" of a significant number of men, women and children to deter the flood of illegals. And that will not happen.

The solution is mass deportations. Send the illegals back and send them back with nothing. All property is confiscated. No trials unless they (or their supporters) put up a $100,000 bond that is forfeited if they are deported. Suck the money out of these "support groups". The $100k bond proceeds go to better enforcement of the damn laws we already have.

Don Verna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.