1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ARIZONA BANS GUNS!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by calilori, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calilori

calilori TS Member

Zara, I'm going to disagree with you on this one. I'm going to share an experience that I had last year with one of my darling students. This particlar kid is known for being a gang member. He drew a picture of gun and passed it to another student. I didn't want to overreact and consider it a "threat" at that point, so I took the picture and told him that that was inappropriate. He pulled out another piece of paper, stared me in the face and drew another gun. He was suspended. This was a 6th grader. He was 11 years old.

Sometimes you need all of the details before you jump to a conclusion and CNN is famous for only telling the parts of a story that they want you to know.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Mesa is just about as liberal infested as Madison, Wisconsin. And so close to Red Mountain, too.

Maybe they thought he was filling out a purchase order.

HM

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I'll have to agree with Zarawhatever but this is only in school zones, then again I never tried to buy a picture of a gun in Arizona, would you use that to shoot at pictures of little clay targets in Illinois in the future ..? Its a Federal Law that guns are not allowed in school zones except by authorized personel not a local or state law, same thing with airports, and a few other places but we can carry them right on our hip if they are in the open or concealed if we have the CCW permit ... I have a 45 Long Colt hanging on a hook right inside my front door and anyone who walks in can see it ... Try those things in Illinois and bring bond money and your FOID ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Mesa,AZ is no different than anytown USA which attracts people from all over the country. Anytown goes to hell when enough liberals take up residence.

"I'm not a native, but I got here as fast as I could!" (license plate holder)

HAPnAZ

5. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

When I was a youngster and just started going squirrel hunting on my own, without the help of my father, I was excited to say the least. I would set in school and try and draw my rifle just because of the anticipation of going by myself. Taking away a person's drawing or not allowing it at all is a joke in the country!!!!! Where has the freedom gone? All this censorship is a bunch of crap!!!

MR

6. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

My son is two years old and knows from his Daddy's magazines what a shotgun is and what a shotgun shell is. In fact, I was at a friend's house and he notice a wallhanger and yelled "shotgun!!".

I just KNOW that is going to be a phone call home someday from a "concerned" teacher or principal. And yes, I live in Illinois.

I'll just have to deal with it when it happens and fight like hell to make sure he doesn't face too much drama from the incident.

I'm not going to change the way I feel about firearms though and I will absolutely continue to have my son interact with me while I'm around them. Can't wait for that first day I get to take him shooting....

7. grammie

grammie TS Member

Its called -O- tolerance!!! In the long run it means,,-O- brains,,on the part of school administrators...

Now then,,outside of school!!!! It may be 2007,,,but you do not go into the Superstition Mountains without a weapon!!!

You do not go to the "canyon lakes" for a picnic without a weapon!!!

You do not venture into a wilderness area,,or any area that has mineral wealth and start nosing around without a weapon!!

And for your own good,,,never be caught un-armed in the desert within 50 miles of the mexican border....

Now back to the class room to be bombarded by the notion that guns are bad,,evil!!!

AKA Grammie.....

8. geeber

geeber Member

This my sound hard to believe but when I was 16 in the 60s in Ohio, I went to school where I lived in farm country. My best buddy and I would take our shotguns to school on the bus, the bus driver was a farmer too, and put them in the cloak room until school was over. We would walk home hunting rabbits along the way. My, how times have changed. Nobody gave it a second thought. If you would mishandle your gun you could expect a good swat across the back of the head.

9. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

If the school is going to be that way about it then they need to go into the library and take all the history books out of the schools and other books that have guns in them.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The extremist will be ever present for the rest of our lives,and many even make a living by being part of the so called extremist groups ... Those of us who have not been present at some of the happenings at the schools where deadly shootings have occured the past few years and only had to watch it unfold on the daily news programs will never know what those who were there in person felt and this is the result of it ... I think teaching is a very Noble Profession and feel the teachers are knowingly put in a position where they cannot defend themself when faced with a deadly situation because of the Federal Laws ... I do not think this is justifiable because the ones who bring guns into schools do not have to worry about meeting up with someone who can defend themself against them at least with deadly force and could careless about the Laws be them Federal, local, or State ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. kolar12

kolar12 Member

If you want to have a shotgun, ie riot, with you in the desert in Arizona, can it legaly be carried uncased and loaded in your vehicle? What does the law state?

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Gary,

The laws of the land say the shotgun must be unloaded and cased because you are transporting it, and thats especially on the Reservation ... If you are on a hunt its also Illegal to hunt from a vehicle in the State of Arizona ... I carry a hand gun most all of the time unless I am going on the reservation where some Tribal Laws say its not legal and Federal Laws don't say anything about it, so I don't say anything about it either ... The Indians being a Soverieng (?sp) nation can make their own laws and its legal ... This is a catch 22 to try and stay within the confines of the law sometimes but don't ask and don't tell usually prevails ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. white rattler

white rattler Member

I would not carry because I would use it within the first hour. Shit I would empty it from my house to the gun club. Trevor Dawe.

14. Southern Gent

Southern Gent TS Member

Here is the drawing the kid made.

15. mike dwyer

mike dwyer TS Member

calilori,

Your experience is interesting. But what exactly was your experience other than a kid that you and perhaps others fear drew a picture? Exactly what rationale was used to suspend the kid? Was there actually a written rule in place that prohibited the sketching of guns? Have all the pictures of guns been clipped out of the history books in your school?

Don't get me wrong. I am all about locking up criminklas who misuse guns. But there is something terribly wrong with educators and administrators who somehow think the greater good has been served by suspending a "known gang member" and turning him loose on the streets for days that he would otherwise be in school and for nothing more than twice drawing a picture. I have to wonder how differently this conversation might be if the kid had been the precocious child of parents with the means and inclination to stand up for their child's rights.

All this over a picture? Gang member or not this is outrageous.

Mike Dwyer

16. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

Gargoyle:

Your comments are interesting.

Today, I toured Sandringham, the Queen's summer residence. Much of the regalia throughout this beautiful house was made up of walls festooned with shields, swords, knives and firearms.
    They have one room just full of Purdy shotguns, many of which are used by the Royals today.
    In the stables, there were murals of various members of the Royal Family hunting pheasants etc.

This anti-gun obsession is an attempt to re-write history. How soon people forget!

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Arizona has had a ban on all guns to all from Illinois who want to buy in AZ. Tried to buy a Springfield Armory Autoloader Pistol and told to go back to IL.

18. white rattler

white rattler Member

Barry I can't believe that someone would tell you to go back to IL. That is as bad as being told to go back to Canada. Trevor Dawe.

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    When my son was in the 2nd grade (he's 17 now) his 2nd grade teacher ran an Eddie Eagle program at the school. A public school.<br>
    <br>
    I guess there are a few bright points of light left.

20. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

My Grandson made a pistol out of Green Clay in Art class about 5 or 6 years ago and was suspended from school for 2 days. We always took guns to school on the bus. The driver only asked if they were unloaded. It was for 1950s "show & tell". I still have the sxs that I got from my History teacher. My school had a Rifle Club as did my Wife's school. Times sure have changed. Larry Evans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.