1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arizona Authorities Searching for Deputy Who was S

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by K-GUNS, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Breaking news on FOX,deputy shot in Az desert ?

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

This is a drug war here folks. We need the Guard.

3. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

CASA GRANDE, Ariz. -- Authorities in southern Arizona were searching Friday for a wounded deputy who radioed for help and said he had been shot with an AK-47 assault rifle in a remote desert area used by drug- and human-smugglers from Mexico.

The unidentified deputy called in to say he had encountered a group and been shot in the abdomen, Pinal County sheriff's Lt. Tammy Villar said.

Further details on the shooting were not immediately available.

"Over the past 12 months we've seen an increase in the amount of drugs, and an increase in violence that has been going on in this particular corridor," Villar told KPNX.

"We've had increasing concerns in this area about being outmanned and outgunned, and unfortunately this evening, this is coming true," he said.

The shooting came as Arizona grapples with backlash over its enactment of a tough new law targeting illegal immigration. Civil rights activists concerned the law will lead to racial profiling have called for a boycott of the state.

The law signed by Gov. Jan Brewer last week is supported by many in the state, which has become a major gateway for drug smuggling and human trafficking from Mexico.

Its passage came amid increasing anger in Arizona about violence, drug smugglers, drop houses and other problems caused by poor border security.

Villar said the search for the wounded officer was occurring near Interstate 8 and Arizona 84 about 50 miles south of Phoenix.

4. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I am currently unemployed.Why don't we go down there and shoot some varmints??Piss on the soft liberals let's put an end to this crap!!!

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

This is the same county where the A$$hole Sherrif said he wouldn't enforce the new law. I wonder what he thinks now?!

ss

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The A hole sheriff is about to loose his job.

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

These vermin travel this corridor at all hours of the day and night!! I never venture into the desert alone and when my buddy and I do, we're well armed!!

Folks, this nonsense must be stopped at any and all costs! We're being literally invaded and the federal government could care less according to their actions!!

A friend lives about 50 miles to the south of me and they broke into his garage and stole his pick-up! The highway patrol caught up with his truck near Phoenix and they drove off into the desert and totaled the truck!!

Profiling?? What a joke!!

Hap

8. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I know, Let's set up a Taco truck in the desert and I already have my fox-pro programed with mariachi music!!!! 220 swift should do the job!!If we could get rid of the estimated 12 million illegals already here we might be able to find jobs for our citizens!!!PJ

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Ahmen Joe

10. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

whats wrong with profiling...all states should control there wet backs

11. JOND

JOND TS Member

They are not "illegal immigrants" they are "Criminal Trespassers". JOND

12. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

What was the outcome...........Did they ever find the deputy.....did he live or die or what?
    D.P.Reynolds

13. wanderer

wanderer Member

Deputy was found, and is doing ok.

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Last news I saw on TV was the Sheriffs dept. had cordoned off a 10 sq.mile area and caught 17 illegals. At the same time the Border Patrol was working in close proximity caught another 100 illegals! They believe the injured deputy has identified two or three of those he was trailing when he was ambushed.

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.