1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ariz. Sheriff Gets Death Threats Over New Law

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by wireguy, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Ariz. Sheriff Gets Death Threats Over New Law

Published July 06, 2010
    | FoxNews.com

A high-profile Arizona law-enforcement officer who has been outspoken about his support for the state's controversial new immigration law is receiving death threats, myFOXphoenix.com reported late Monday.

Some of the threats against Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu were from the Mexican mafia and drug cartel members.

Outside law enforcement teams brought in to investigate the threats found them credible.

Babeu was very outspoken about the need to secure the state's border with Mexico -- a known entry point to the U.S. for drug smugglers and illegal immigrant traffickers -- and supports law SB1070, which makes illegal immigration a state crime.

Despite the threats, Babeu declined a personal security detail because the county resources were already stretched.

"I understand this threat, yet I will not run in fear or change my support for SB1070 and my demands for President Obama to secure our border with 3,000 armed soldiers in Arizona and start building the fence again," he said.

"I'm always armed, and as every law enforcement member knows, we always have to be aware of our surroundings and possible threats."

Pinal County is nearly 5,400 square miles and much of the desert is known as a drug and human trafficking corridor.

2. shadow

shadow Active Member

Sounds like Buford Pusser is back in business.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Walk softly and carry a big stick er in this case a big gun!

They need to do what I do with a groundhog after I shoot 'em. Hang them over the fence and see what else they bring in. No sense in hunting them all over the desert if you can just put down a little bait and bring them to ya.

ss

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

ss,,,,we already bait them with welfare checks, free healthcare, free education, food stamps, jobs etc.,,,,looks like the bait is working pretty well....

5. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

This whole Arizona thing reminds of a pretty woman that gets violated once or twice and and she disregards the whole thing as a misunderstanding or whatever and moves on. But then the 'violators' sneak their buddies in and start lining up an expecting full service without a peep. Now she's resisting, and the lo-life violators are demanding that she shut up and put out. Yes - bring out Buford! LOFL.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The threats have been an on going thing but getting more intense, that have just been made public to muster some degree of support from Washington to up hold the Constitution and protect all of the United States against any and all invasions ... The people of Arizona are gathering as Militias on the United States side of the border, its just a matter of time before the war begins ... The Border wars are inevitable as long as the United States does nothing to curtail the passages of the Illegals ... I would imagine the people who partake will be prosecuted by the Obama Administration and Department of Justice when all they are doing is the job of both ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Bring it on, Pancho.

What happened to the gaggle of Minutemen that went with their AR's to that area?

I would think it might be a good Vigilante training ground.

HM

8. Old Confederate

Old Confederate TS Member

Texas whipped Mexico in 1836. The US whipped Mexico in 1848. New Mexico whipped Pancho Villa in 1916. Mexico is persistent. This time Mexico is winning. Mexico and the US are joining together against Arizona.I didn't check for the exact dates so I may be off a little bit but I should be close enough to get my point across. Larry

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The sad part is the ones in congress who won't secure the borders are also the ones blaming gun owners for the violent Mexican drug gangs.

10. oz

oz Active Member

when an american is threatened (especially on american soil) by a foreign person on foreign soil the us military should be involved. light up the border. oz

11. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Obama and his "Justice" Department constitute a great danger to all law-abiding citizens of Arizona and America. The pervasive attitude that it is perfectly acceptable, indeed desireable to selectively enforce the law is itself criminal. The present hearings about selective voting rights enforcement and this debacle about not enforcing immigration law clearly shows that it is perfectly OK to discriminate against white people in America. I think the racial backlash will upset Obama and his administration. Will it restore sane policy is the real question.

Also, at Omama's order, NASA is now supposed to reach out to Muslim nations. Is that what the congress appropiated NASA funds for or has Obama merely used the NASA budget as his personal slush fund to support his Muslim brothers? Anyone who doubts this should read his "autobiography" in which he clearly states, "I will stand with the Muslims."

All this goes on while brave law enforcement officers such as this sheriff risk their lives to keep citizens safe and to enforce our laws. What a poisonous environment it perpetuates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.