1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Argentina Dove Hunt

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tracy Boy, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracy Boy

Tracy Boy TS Member

Just returned from a Dove shoot near Cordoba, Argentina. WOW! what a great experience! You can't call in a Dove Hunt as there is little hunting, but lots of shooting. There were four of us that went this time. My first time, their second and we will try to go back again. Worst part of the trip is the travel time and trying to sleep on the 10+ hour flight from the States to Chile, then on to Cordoba, Argentina. I'm sure there are other ways to get there, but this was the best choice for us. One of our team shot over 1,000 one day, but for the most part we averaged around 850 per day each. This was enough for us, but I know there are those of you that shoot many more and that would have been easy to do if so inclined. Two of the guys shot 40% and the other two of us shot 63%. Don't know if that is good or bad. Did not really pick our shots and shot at most within range....some not. Two of us shot 28 ga. guns and the other two shot 20 ga's. We went with David Denies as our outfitter and could not have been more satisfied. For me, possibly a once in a life time experience, but I hope not!!

Don

2. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Congratulations, I plan to go next year. Was it a hassle to take your own guns? I mean going from the US to Chile to Argentina.

Were you able to bring the birds back without much problem?

Regards,

Berettaman7

3. MX/MT

MX/MT TS Member

I don't think you would be required to bring back ALL of the birds, Bill.

If I went, I sure would like to bring back a small cooler full - I love to eat doves. A couple hundred should fit in a pretty small package.

4. lc

lc TS Member

I also just returned from Argentina Dove hunting, some of our guys shot over 2 thousand shells a day, and shot in the middle 80%. No one that I know has ever brought any doves back and I am not sure I would want the hassle of going through customs. As far as getting your guns in and out that isn't a problem, make sure that they are registered in the U.S. before leaving. Enjoy the shoot and the wonderful food.

5. Tracy Boy

Tracy Boy TS Member

We did not bring back any Doves. For sure I would not want to go through the hassel at the airport Customs area. Guns are no problem to take into or out of Argentina. We were told that the Doves were cleaned and delivered to a food shelter for the poor. I have no idea if that truly is the case, but it made us feel better. There are so many Doves that they are a danger to the crops and Farmers like to see the hunters. It is my understanding that there are 4 to 6 hatches per year and the Doves do not migrate, thus the population. Anyway, good time was had by all!!!

6. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

I have been to Argentina 8 times in the past 5 years, I now book hunts for singles or groups. I have great people to refer you. I know the system well. All my villas are 5 star and great food. To many odds and ends to post here. All questions answered. add aol.com to the above name to contact me or call 800 441 0568. Frank

7. richrob

richrob TS Member

Is packing some in a cooler with dry ice and mailing them to yourself an option? I too would want to bring home some of those delicious birds. -Rich

8. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

I've been twice in the past 4 years for doves and am planning to in march of 08 for pigeons. North of cordoba is where my grandpa has killed over 1000 a day

9. BAP

BAP TS Member

I've been twice with Justin Trimback of Argentina Ducks and Doves and couldn't have had a better time. Everything was top notch. Plenty of birds and great food. Just beware of the Wiskey Floats. Bill

10. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

What's the total cost of the trip?

11. Tracy Boy

Tracy Boy TS Member

We used David Denies for our trip, but there are several others that do a great job as well. The cost of our trip was as follows:

Hunt - $900 (Booked at SCI show for half price last year)
    License and gun fees & etc - $450
    Shells - $11 per box (I shot 126 boxes X $11 = $1,386)
    Flight - $1350 from NC
    Tips - $400 +/-
    Gift for my wife so I could go......we won't go there!

Figure it will cost around $5,000 + or - a few hundred....Less the gifts of course!

I'm sure there may be better deals if you shop around, but this worked well for us and we were happy. Don

12. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

2500 shells free, Total cost with air less than $4000.00 5 star all the way.1 800 441 0568. Frank

13. Littleboots

Littleboots Member

We brought back two one hundred qt coolers all you need is letter from Fed in Arg stating they were legally taken. We left a wing on each one but Ag inspector in Miami said only need one per cooler check with Feds before going. Our cost about same @4500-5000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

total cost argentina dove hunt