1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you watching this Texas/Nebraska Game?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

All I can say is wow! What a game! Colt McCoy almost blew that. I hate it for the Nebraska team, they almost shocked the country! It will be Bama and Texas going to Pasadena!

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I don't think Texas deserves to go. I haven't seen TCU play yet. but Texas looked awful. Cincinatti looks better than Texas too. The OB kickoff, and a penalty gave Texas 55 yards in 12 seconds, otherwise they would have never been in position to kick a field goal.

3. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Nick Saban has a month to get ready for Texas. Colt McCoy and Mack Brown need to be very, very afraid. SEC rules.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Nebraska got ripped off. Texas is in trouble. If they think Nebraska had a great defense, they should ask Florida about Bama.

5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I agree with all comments above. I hated it for Nebraska, but that happens. Colt McCoy almost made a huge mistake, and was saved by REVIEW. I am a big College Football fan, and I watch a ton of games. I have seen TCU play, and they are very good. I believe that they could beat Texas on a neutral field. Yes, Saban has a month to prepare for Texas. I am making my prediction now...Bama wins National Championship.

Matt

6. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Nebraska got home-towned- Roll tide Roll!

7. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

IMHO, Texas was flat for whatever reason - Nebraska only had 5 1st. downs. Texas still good enough to find a way to win, yes, even with the kick-off out of bounds and the horse-collar penalty, and yes, the out of bounds pass. That said, TCU would beat them and most certainly Bama. Was at the TCU/Utah game and TCU is for real.

8. Lyle

Lyle Member

Texas has not looked good their last two games. Their QB was lucky there is a review and when interviewed later said he knew there was time. BS

Texas has not played top opponents to the point that TCU has. If Texas is in then my favorite Boise State cannot be overlooked since they dominated the Pac 10 Champion.

I say TCU and Bama should be the game. Send Texas to play Boise State and to the longhorns first loss of the year.

Lyle

9. Fox32

Fox32 Member

TCU???? The big powerhouse TCU facing the Mountain West teams went undefeated!!! Beating powerhouse Texas State, Wyoming and let's not forget New Mexico and Colorado as well. WOW!!! What a schedule!!!

10. Lyle

Lyle Member

Texas A and M ran over the longhorns defense. Boise State is good defensively and the longhorns could not stop the Broncos offense either.

Can't argue with the fan base the Longhorns have and there is the pull for the Bowl game over Cinci or TCU or BSU. They are not a better football team however than any of the other undefeateds.

Lyle

11. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Texas has beaten 2 currently ranked BCS teams - Nebraska and Okie Lite. They deserve to play for the NC and don't forget, they beat La./Monroe, UCF, Baylor, Kansas, Missou., and UTEP. But what difference does it make, the Tide Rolls.

12. Lyle

Lyle Member

TCU and BSU would be a good one, but I would like to see the two teams play the big name teams and put it to them.
    BSU has some key injuries that may keep them from being as explosive as usual, but the team is still tough. Nearly all their players are back next year too so........
    BSU National Champs next year? lol.............Oregon State and Virginia Tech on the schedule early.

Lyle

13. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Lyle, even if BSU beats TCU and next yr. V.Tech and Oregon St. and goes on undefeated, sorry, the Cartel is still intact. They have the money and power, and want more, with now the hiring of the public relations firm. Two, one loss teams next yr. could play for the national title before undefeated BSU. Let's see if this newly appointed lobbyist firm can kill the house bill on the BCS.

14. Lyle

Lyle Member

BSU vs TCU should be a great game but there is no doubt in my mind that the "fat cats" could not have kept the Cartel as easily had they allowed TCU and BSU, two non BCS teams to both beat the BCS schools in bowl games. So, BSU vs TCU it is.......enjoy the game.

Lyle

15. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

Mark My Words. Texas wins national championship ! Dan Witcher

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.