1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you ready to have WALMART line up against you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Well, well...according to the Washington Post, it seems the administration is prepared to enlist the aid of the "Nation's Largest Retailer" in its quest to end the "Gun Show Loophole."

So, do any of you have any doubt which direction the "Nation's Largest Retailer" will go (since the Corporate Jerks in Little Rock can no doubt read the election returns - and know what kind of low-information people their customers are?)

Maybe you folks who like your cheap deals on shells, better let your preferences be known.

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Well sure, they are appealing to the Obama voter and where most of them shop.

Any way to rid competition is always a way to win over a business

But we have been doing background checks at gun show here in Colorado since a year after Columbine when it was learned the straw buyer for the guns used, got them at a gun show.

Even then I think a lot of buy and sell transactions take place outside the show in the parking lot, or somewhere else, where the buyer and seller get together.

Gun shows in States not do background checks now, will do so later and the shows will continue.

Might be something you can tell WalMart that this grand plan will be circumvented in the end, just like any other brilliant idea Congress comes up with, but the bad taste in gun owners mouths about WalMart will linger..

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

We Americans have become "cattle" to our Chinese overlords.

We support them daily with our money. Our gov. supports them by borrowing their money.

4. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Anyone else pondering the hypocrisy here....
    This administration absolutely DESPISES Wal-Mart for their approach to organized labor issues. It seems all is forgiven however if they can figure a way to enlist Wal-Mart's assistance in the coming attack on the Constitution.
    Can we get a show of Hand from anyone who is suprised...????

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

I'm shocked, shocked...

...but knowing WalMart and Corporate types in general, they probably think this kind of "cooperation" will buy them a pass when it comes to possible future Labor Dept. actions toward the company. And it probably will.

You doubt that kind of quid-pro-quo happens in Washington?

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

That "pass" would last as about as long as it takes for the date of the bill to become effective and no longer. It Dems want continued support of the union vote the Dems would not keep their word on such a deal.

7. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Where's WPT, the Walmart greeter on this one?

Rosie O'Donnel got KMart to quit selling guns and Target quit years ago. If walmart quits I will have no reason whatsoever to go in one more than once every 10 years or so.

If Walmart has it, I don't need or want it!!

8. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

i've boycotted Walmart for the past 10 years. About time others catch on.

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Gee, I wonder who Wally will side with, shooters or Ojack?

Pretend you're a Wally honcho, you make the call. Side with a very small percentage of customers buying Federal 4 packs or side with the people whom are passing out gift cards (EBT) worth hundreds of dollars to 50 million people a month who will probably spend most at your stores?????

Gee I don't know? What will they do??

I know what I would do. I have first hand experience with the situation. I was at Wally just the other day to buy some shells. Got in the express lane - 20 or fewer aisle. Plump little girl in mid 20s wearing flip flops even though there was 6 inches of snow outside in front of me in aisle. Her cart was loaded and her/our bill was around $250 dollars. She whipped out the ever ready Hoosier Works EBT and paid for her stuff. My bill for a 4 pack of Federals and a 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke was 1/10 her bill.

So you go with the money and side with the government.

10. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I hate to admit this, but I had to go to Walmart the other day. My grandson's TV game Big Buck Hunter, got broke, so I went to four places in Amarillo, and ended up at Walmart. They had 'em, and one called called Big Game Hunter, so I bought both. One to replace the broken one and one for his birthday in Feb.. Please don't bomb my house or make threatening phone calls. My grandson is special. Thanks, Charlie

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Is Hillary still on the BoD for Mao Mart?

12. glock22

glock22 TS Member

WOW, glad I read this!!

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

This is for all of you Walmart haters please read and then give it some thought.

"1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at WalMart Every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger+ Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safewaycombined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run
    Wal-Mart to fix the economy."

Imagine this also, they do it with according to most of you haters, with inferior help and of course the customers as we all know none of you haters approve of them.

Just think what they could do with geniuses the likes of all of you haters.

Bob Lawless

14. warren

warren Member

Just a thought why don't we wait until we hear from Wal Mart

warren

15. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hire the guys who run Walmart to fix the economy? Did Ross Perot come up with that?

There's nothing magic there. Those people run their business by squeezing profit out of their supply chain. That's fine for a capitalist company, but I'm a little puzzled about how that thought expands to encompass the whole American economy. WM don't create anything; they just squeeze the chain and wring out efficiencies.

I don't think the problem is that the U.S. economy is "inefficient;" I think it's that it increasingly doesn't "create" anything. Hiring efficiency experts to fix a creativity problem seems destined to fail. What would they do? Squeeze the profits out of the American economy and place it in the hands of unproductive people with EBT cards? That sounds more like a liberal idea than a conservative one. I really don't think we want to "win the race to the bottom" by placing the entire profit-producing apparatus of America's economy in brute subservience to the purchasing decisions of an ever-increasing underclass. If we don't figure out a way to create more, and get those people educated and productive again, we're all going to lose. (And yes, we'll need to allow some rich people to get even richer in the process. If that's inefficiency, then we probably need to get us some of that).

Now, if you're saying you want to put the guys who run Walmart in charge of running the U.S. Government - well I'm all FOR that. (Seeing all those bches in their high-rise condos in Alexandria wearing yellow vests and saying "Welcome to America" is change we can ALL believe in).

16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Buzz ask yourself one question. Who or what is the biggist deterent to to a healthy economy????

It sure isn't the party out of power at the present. Yet they have both had the shot at it in the past and this country has never been as prosperous as Walmart has been in the past 15 years.

This should be read and understood by all Americans Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature
    It is now official that the majority of you are corrupt morons:

a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it
    right and it is broke.

c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

d.. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right;
    $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the
    poor" and they only want more.

e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965.

You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

f.. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right
    and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service"
    you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED
    WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??

In other words Buzz Walmart isn't the problem they show a profit no matter what system is used liberal or conservative. The people in charge don't seem to be able to get anything right. Yet the haters are ready to blame Walmart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Big Bad Bob has already confirmed it why wait to hear the truth ..? WalMart is putting in an entire new section just for him ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

1. There is no such animal as a gun show loophole
    2. Fewer than one percent of criminals obtain their guns at gun shows
    3. If there were such an animal, New York state closed it eleven years ago

Every law that applies outside gun shows applies inside the doors. Federal Firearms Licensees (a.k.a., gun dealers or FFLs) at a gun show must fill out their ATF Form 4473s and do their FBI background (NICS) checks just as if they were at their shops (or their homes for that matter).

The purported loophole, private firearms sales between private individuals. Not dealer to customer, or customer to dealer. Private citizen to private citizen. A transaction which does not require a Form 4473 or a NICS background check.

Another part of the loophole myth: a large percentage of people with tables at gun shows—somewhere between 25 and 50 percent—are unlicensed dealers and traders. They’re unlicensed because they aren’t selling guns. They sell ammo, accessories or books or memorabilia.

Expanding on Point 2, according to the ATF, 93% of criminals obtain their guns – wait for it – illegally! Yes that’s right, criminals don’t obey the law. Who’d-a thunk it?

19. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

WPT

I don't need a section at WalMart dedicated to me. I don't shop there so whatever WalMart does is of no consequence. They have already done enough damage/ ruin small business and small town America.

They will do whatever is needed to make money, the hell with morals and doing what is right.

When it comes to point that Walmart is the only retailer that has what I need, I will do without.

20. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Beyond any yet to be realized action on Wal-Mart's part on the gun control issue...

Are the Wal-Mart haters against free enterprise too?

Should Wal-Mart be regulated and small retailers protected by Uncle Sam?

Who should be in control of dictating business morals? Washington DC--the church?

Some of the above rhetoric smacks of ignorance of how our economy works, demonstrates a fixation on how things were in the old days, and is replete with hypocrisy.

Guy Babin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.