1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you prepared ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Are you prepared ?

Was at a fun turkey shoot today.

Tied with two others for first place and a turkey on one of the 16 yard relays.

I had been shooting a very light load of 1 oz of #8 shot, which works OK at 16 yards with my Modified choke.

The three of us who tied for the turkey were immediately moved back to 27 yards for the shoot-off.

Did not have a Full choke in my pocket nor any 1-1/8 ounce higher velocity loads.

So I shot what I had.

Stayed in for two rounds through the shoot-off, but fell out to the winner in the third round of the shoot-off.

I just wasn't prepared when I stepped to the 16 yard line.

Had a great time any way. Brought a new, never-had-held-a-gun-before person with me. They had a great time shooting. They will likely be shooting on the next regular trap day. And I thoroughly enjoyed the day. I will just come prepared next time I step to the 16 yard line.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It's always better to have and not need than to need and not have!!

Curt

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've won some turkey shoot shoot off's with one once loads when the other guys had thier extra special ultra long range secret loads just for such occasions.....you just gotta hit the target...1oz are as fast as any legal trap load...

4. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

One of the best shooters at our club uses a Mod choke from the 27. I'm just saying...

5. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

It's the Indian.

Not the Arrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.