1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you part of the 47%?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bruce Specht, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Well, as one of the 53% of taxpayers that pays taxes I just had the great pleasure of sending checks to the federal and state treasuers. According to Nat Public Radio only 53% of taxpayers pay the burden for ourselves and the other 47% that are enabled by our tax dollars. Fully 30% of the population pay to enhance the lives of the other 70%. Don't you just love being the fool so that so many can live so well? So which precentage are you part of? Not that I can't guess but misery loves company!

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Finally made it to the 47%!

Both the wife and I are now retired.

Our income vs deductions = no income tax.

:)

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Did anyone project the timeline until it's 50/50?

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just like AHAB. Finally got there. Bulge.

5. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Actually I am kinda happy this year. It's the first time in over 20yrs I haven't had to cut a check to the govt. I am getting money back.
    I try not to think about giving obama a free loan for the year and my income has dropped 30%.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I had no taxable income for '09 and no liquid assets in any U.S. financial institutions.

Curt

7. jimsw

jimsw Member

That situation is dead wrong and will eventually ruin the country. How about the fact that the top 10% of taxpayers pay 70% of the taxes. That is a fact Radio Free Hanoi (NPR) doesn't discuss.

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Only had to pay federal for the first time. At age 62 my military retirement is no longer taxable by the state so I actually get a little back from the state. Jackie B.

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

so far about 60% of you are not paying any taxes.

10. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

I filed my first federal income tax return more than forty years ago when I was 14. I've supported career do-nothings ever since.

11. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

yeah - I could have bought 2 new Perazzi trap guns with what I sent to Uncle Sugar............tax reform is well over due but will never happen as long there are more people with their “hands-out” voting than people with their “hands-working” voting.

12. rrrocketman

rrrocketman Member

I'll chime in -- I cut a check for $21,077. Had to buy a $54K truck to lower my burden by nearly $15K this year. Ain't it great?!! No Blaser F3 for me this year!

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Setterman, "so far 60% are not paying taxes". I'll bet this same 60% paid their fair share for the past 40 or 50 years. I started paying. payroll taxes working after school when I was 15. Finally left the workforce 3 years ago at 60. I paid enough taxes. Paid max into S.S. a few years.
    The non-taxpayers that bother me are the permanent welfare cases. Not all that don't pay taxes are freeloaders. Most did their part according to tax laws. Bulge.

14. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Wife and I are both retired and still had to cough up $19,876 to help the 47%. We have been married 20 years and have only received a refund once, $13. When have I paid enough?? I know people who receive a refund that is 3-4 times as much as they make all year. How can we keep paying people to do nothing?? I realize there is a % of the population that needs help, but I truly believe most of those on the dole should be made to do something. Remember Katrina?? Thousands of people came out of the woodwork that have been on the dole for generations. They came out demanding, and unfortunatly, they got more!!!

I'd move, but to where?? I keep voting against the incombent and no, but there are too many who will vote for the idiots that promise to give away the farm for the vote. I believe in term limits: one in office, one in prison!

Tomas

15. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Settreman ... yes I finally joined the 47% ... but paid into the income tax system for 58 years! I thin\k that was long enough!

16. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I am one of the suckers paying extra, after what they already confiscated from me in paycheck withholdings. It doesn't matter anyway. America doesn't have very much longer. Just heard on the radio that 40 percent of babies are now born to single mothers. They will live off the government then their children will grow up and repeat the cycle. Every year the percentage goes up. Just heard that the government could grab all the retirement accounts people have saved up. Obama has set out to destroy this country, anyone with a brain can see that. I still can't believe there are so many fools in this country who voted for this evil bastard. Won't be much left of us before he is done. Evil people get an evil government. It took 200 years to build up the greatest nation the world has ever seen and one generation to destroy it all.

17. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I bustted my ass for 45 yrs. Only was laidoff 1 time in my life. I could not bring myself to go and collect unemployment. When I finally got to the point that I sighned up for unemploynent I got a job and never went to recieve my first check. That was back in the 70's. From that time foward My wife and I paid in heavlly.
    The only way Barry Obama got elected was promising to give give give to the lazy freeloaders. After he got elected he started take, take, taking. He is not going to stop untill their are more on the breadline than working. That way he thinks that will be more votes for the next election.

Remember the words of Thomas Jefferson: A government that is big enought to give you everything you want is also big enough to take everthing you got.
    NOW THING ABOUT THAT.
    I know their are millions of people that need jobs and want jobs but the intentions is to put them back to work at almost half of what they were making.
    What about the Highest ranking Lt. Co. of the army that filed suite against the Presidency as needing proof of Birth before he can follow orders.CHECK IT OUT. FILED LAST WEEK.

18. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm definitely in the 53%. The federal income tax I pay yearly, most people would love as their salary. I've already made Uncle Sam a millionaire several times over in the 27 years I've been working. Retirement's on the horizon. Can't wait.

19. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Haven't paid any for the last two years, waiting for the hope and change

But in the previous years have paid over $300,000 some years, and also spent a bunch on machinery so I wouldn't have to pay so much in taxes, finally got all the machinery paid for, so We're on cruise control, til all of our saving go away, Sucks, but I think we;ve paid in more than our share

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Bulge and Ahab, I didn't say you were bad people for not having to pay taxes this year. However, each one of us that doesn't puts more burden on those who do. In a few years, I'll be with you after paying taxes for 40 years.

8 million unemployed, economy down, wages down 20%. Where's the money coming from to support all the Obama-gimicks? The more money we print, the less it's worth.

And Bulge you're right about the lazy SOB's on permanent welfare. That's got to change, even if people have to suffer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.