1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you in favor of more gun control

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jnoemanh, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

48% of republicans are. 73% of democrats are. 50%+ of independents are.

Are you?

I'll go first. In answer to the question "Are you in favor of more gun control?", I'll answer yes.

I think mental defectives (Cho is the most recent example) should not be able to just walk in and buy a gun. That would be additional control beyond what we have now.

That's all the additional control I can think of right now, but it is additional control.

Does that make me a gun-grabber?

What about you? Better control of guns to mental defectives, or is it okay for a certified head case to buy all the guns he wants? Which side are you on...more control, or less...guns for fellons, that would be a small step towards less.

2. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

jnoemnh

Then how do you qualify to own a gun?

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Hmmm

How old are your statistics? And who took those polls?

And specifically what is meant by "more gun control?" How was the question posed in the poll?

What constitutes "mentally defective?"

And more importantly, who decides what constitutes "mentally defective?"

What happens if its a politician, and they arbitrarily decide "anyone who really wants a gun is mentally defective?"

4. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Hey, it's a simple question, joey. Do you think the present gun control laws are just fine the way they are...or do you think they should be tightened in some way...or do you think they should be loosened in some way?

In what ways would you like to see them tightened or loosened?

C'mon, don't just rant against some unknown fear, state your opinion.

5. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

"How old are your statistics? And who took those polls?"

Harris polls covering the period 2000-2004

And specifically what is meant by "more gun control?" How was the question posed in the poll?

The question was "Do you favor more gun control?" Period.

What constitutes "mentally defective?"

Adjuticated a danger to self or others.

And more importantly, who decides what constitutes "mentally defective?"

A court.

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Joe, what kind of lure is that you're using?

7. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Hey timb99, I answered your questions, how about you answer mine?

8. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Well; Lets persecute the illegal users of guns. If you commit a crime with a gun - you are guilty of attempted murder (wishing to cause great bodily harm). If the gun discharges - you are guilty of murder (being a bad shot does not excuse the severity or attempt harm). Let the bleeding hearts bleed for the victims, NOT the criminals!!!!!!!!!anything else is unacceptable!!.....merlyn...

9. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

A court decides who has a mental defect. Are saying that a court should decide who can own a gun?If so then NO I don't think we need more of that kind of control!

10. oletymer

oletymer Member

Automatic deportation of any illegal caught possesing a firearm. There goes east LA and many other parts of the country. Now I could live with that.

11. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

I am definitely in favor of more gun control. How else am I going to get that AA27AA Pin unless I control my gun better. LOL. As for the government controlling my guns, I am very much against that.

BFJ

12. vanman

vanman TS Member

There is plenty of gun control out there. I think it's more of an issue of how the current gun control is enforced or lack of enforcement and the inconsistence of the courts.

vanman

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Here's your answer:

No, I am not in favor of more gun control. We have enough gun control already. Lets enforce the laws already on the books. There are LOTS of them.

"Courts" can be manipulated by whomever is sitting on the bench at the time. Don't tell me the law is blindfolded and fair. Judges have agenda's just like politicians.

14. flinter58

flinter58 TS Member

15. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

when all the guns are gone , only the criminals will have guns . It's the criminals stupid !!!!!!!!!!!

16. hunter870

hunter870 Member

No more...I actually overcontrol a bit and tend to stop my swing.

17. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I'm in favor of more gun control. How else are ya gonna hit the hard angles at 1 and 5?

18. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

I think the laws we have in place now should be enforced. I think some laws should be loosened or eliminated. I have a concealed carry permit, but there are some places I can’t carry because of the laws. If I have a permit, I want to be allowed to carry it anywhere I go, just like the police. I’d even get more training if that’s what was needed.

I think concealed carry permits should be federal, meaning you can carry anywhere in the U.S.

I think some felons should be able to petition to get their gun rights back. It should be a case by case decision (but no violent felons).

I think the right to protect yourself with a firearm should trump private businesses from banning firearms on their property. I know it’s private property, but operating as a business in the U.S. should mean employees can protect themselves in case some fired wacko, or jilted lover starts shooting.

In regards to more control, only legal U.S. citizens should be allowed to possess firearms. An exception to this would maybe be a license that foreigners could get for hunting, or even personal protection if certain guidelines are followed.

19. oz

oz Active Member

they have laws about propositioning people (cops) in bathrooms, but I guarantee the politician that did it won't spend a second of time in jail and we will pay all his legal expenses. those who make the laws don't have to adhere to them, they are (above the law) movie of the same name. oz

20. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

lol Wireguy has it right. Like the castle doctrine we Texans are getting starting this Saturday. You gotta love TX. JD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.