1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Are You Glad You're a Trapshooter?"

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ride Easy, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ride Easy

Ride Easy TS Member

Personally, I cannot imagine my life without trapshooting. I think it fills a gap for many of us, especially when we approach those years that would have otherwise become somewhat boring. Another thing, it is fun to compete with others when age does not always play a big part in whether we win or lose.

What are some of your thoughts on being a trapshooter?

R E

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Its fun, but not something I can't live without!

3. Ride Easy

Ride Easy TS Member

Wow! This thread has been viewed close to 120 times and nobody on this site admits to being glad/not glad he or she is a trapshooter. I would have bet money at least a couple of you had an opinion. Oh, Well.

R E

4. Ride Easy

Ride Easy TS Member

What great timing I have.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I am very happy to be involved in trap. And skeet. And rifle and pistol shooting. I Load some kind of shells almost daily. I shoot some kind of targets 4 or more times a week.

If not for the shooting sports, I would have stayed in racing and become a tuner. then I would have had to watch someone else have all the fun.

Neil W. knows what I mean.

This way I participate in the fun. Much better.

HM

6. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

Ride: What makes you think that this was viewed 120 times...Do you have some secret thing that you see that I don't?..NucK

7. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I'm very glad I'm a trapshooter and always will be even though I'm not shooting a lot right now.

It's still part of who I am.

8. Ride Easy

Ride Easy TS Member

nuck...On the threads menu, it shows Posts-Views-Last Post-Originator.

Ride

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

nukinfuts:

Auctually it has been viewed 173 times so far if you look to the right side of the thread it will show how many times it has been viewed.

Ok this is a new format that was just added in the last day or so.

By the way I used to think after I started trap shooting that I could not live with out it but after a few years layoof from it then I saw I wasn't as gun ho as I once was plus all of the expense of it now days but I still like the competetion in it so I will be a lifer of it but not in the full capicity as I was when I first started out 26 years ago.

Foggy

10. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Why would I do it and be unhappy?????????????NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!Roger

11. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I for one am very glad I found trap shooting. I started over 30 years ago but didn't shoot for nearly 20. I had almost forgot about our wonderful sport than one day when I did not have a job and was bored out of my skull I thought about shooting again. Very glad I did as there are some wonderful folk that shoot trap plus it's just plain fun. Now there's also much more than just trap and skeet like when I shot in the early '70's, so if you get bored with trap than there's now sporting clays and much more. So YES! I am glad I'm a trap shooter. How about you?

12. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I found trapshooting about four years ago, and the social aspect of this sport has become an important part of my life.
    I love to shoot, and I love the people who love to shoot.

13. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Yes

Since 1964

38-01615

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land

I'm glad I live in a country where I can own firearms. For now anyway.

15. Assyla99

Assyla99 TS Member

I LOVE trapshooting! If I didn't shoot, I probably would have been playing sports and stuff in school, but you can't play basketball/soccer/softball your whole life at the same competitive level. I have been doing this for almost 10 years now and it's been a huge part of my life, I honestly don't know what I would do instead of shoot.

I tell my parents, during the summer I just work and shoot, but while I am at school I volunteer, so it all works out for them and me. That way they can't complain that I am never home, because I just say that I am replacing shooting with volunteering.

Trapshooting is my life! Who knows where I would be or who I would be without it.

~Alyssa

16. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, I've shot both trap and skeet on and off for 25years. I gotta admit it fills a need within me that nothing else can, but I was quite surprised that when my shooting buddy went to Europe for the best part of 2 months I laid off...and didn't REALLLLLLY miss it... I guess for me it's more a social outlet than a competitive one now, even though I'm shooting better than ever. Cheers- Graham.

17. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Like Halfmile, I love the shooting sports and reloading.

I am glad that trapshooting exists and I love to participate in it. It is a wonderful addiction. My wife used to shoot with me and still supports my shooting. We shot clay targets on our first date and we have been married over 37 years.

I have made many friends and spent countless enjoyable hours making and meeting friends, helping to run a trap program, preparing for a shoot, reloading and shooting.

I have several 870 trap grades, an 1100 TB, an 11/87 Trap and am 11/87 NP sporting clays gun. I plan to shoot until I wear them out.

I have shot a little skeet and some sporting clays but trap is my favorite.

I have only been to the Grand once but plan to go in 2008. I make my state shoot and shoot at some local clubs.

What trap does for me is to allow me to compete with others and myself. It is great when you win and not too bad when you loose.

I love to shoot games. Money won is twice as sweet as money earned, even if it’s just a small amount.

Trap is expensive but I believe that doing the things you like prolongs your life.

Shooting a moving target engages many parts of your mind and body and keeps you alert.

When is the next shoot?

18. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I can't say that trap is the most important thing in my life but it does rank in the higher bracket. I had a friend that was hospitalized, in very serious condition at the time, that had to tell me about his breaking the 100 at doubles for the first time when I stopped to visit him. I asked him when and he replied "last night in my best thoughts". It gave him something to think about besides his condition and that made it all worthwhile. Unfortunatly, he never had the time to do it but I'm sure, he thought about it many times.

Big Jack

19. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

i shoot a couple of rounds with my friends and/or son occasionaly, but registered events long ago became a drag.

20. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

YES! Ditto on rifle and pistol too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.