1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ARE YOU FAITHFUL????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    are you faithful?? years ago Vic Reinders told me" you have to marry your gun, stick with it through good times and bad, and that will make you a better shooter". Well, i have not been faithful. i obviously have a problem. how many times when things were going well, i promised to stick with my gun, through good times and bad, and then one or two poor scores, and i was looking for divorce court. i felt myself looking at shooters walking by with some good looking gun, lusting over the beautiful wood, the shining metal, not a mark on it. thinking if i could own that gun, I'd be the happiest shooter in the world and only good things would happen. thinking, how can i get that gun out of that shooters hands and into mine? what kind of trade could i come up with, or how much money could i offer the shooter so that gun would be mine. most of us are not faithful to our guns i am sorry to say. what is wierd, most of us are faithful to our spouses, our brand cars, etc, but when it comes to guns, it's a differnt story. so guys and gals, ARE YOU FAITHFUL??????????

steve balistreri

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Been with the same Browning Broadway since I bought it in 1970. Never saw any reason to change. Can't say the same about the ex.

Eric

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I'm tempted to change the word "gun" to "woman" in Vern's post above.

Eric

4. otnot

otnot Active Member

I have my main squeeze but I have several others that just need to be taken out once in awhile for a test ride just to make sure that my main one is the one. You also have to have one for backup just incase your main one decides it doesn't want to play all day and needs to go to the doctor.

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

YES!!....bought my Browning ST-100 in 1980 and my Ljutic 73 in 1983...no reason to change...

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Im not faithful to my gun at all. I have to be faithful to my wife and never touch another woman. That being said i caress and hold and touch all the guns i can. When i go to a gun store its like being in the local strip joint. All the guns dancing around me. My heart starts pounding as i scan the room looking for one that will go home with me and make me happy,it seldom happens. I just go to another store looking for that one that will.LOL Hell, thats what a trap shooter does. He goes from gun to gun to gun looking for that one that will make him the next Leo or Kaye. I think its part of the fun.----Matt

7. senior smoke

Matt- what you say is so true. most of us are like giggilios when it comes to being faithful to one gun. no telling what we will do to get that one extra target. i have always said, if you want to become rich, by a trailer, go to the major shoots and have a psychiatrist with a couch, that sells new and used guns. park it at the practice trap. you would have a line so long, you would have to issue numbers like sunday morning at a bakery shop. most of us are a sorry lot. it's fun but costly.
    steve

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I sold the only gun I ever ran a hundred with. Probably never do it again. Plus I lost my 100 straight pin. Oh well.

9. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

My model 12 and I have been together since 1976.

Started out with a BT99, then a SX1. Sold them in the early 80s and have shot the 12 since.

Its not even the good one (Win Special Rib) but I bought it cheap and it was unfired.

If I had 15,000. to spend I think I would rather have something with wheels.

Regards....Gerald

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I love all my trap guns!

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Start with a mossberg field gun, stick with a Mossberg field gun.

Yeah, right. In your dreams, bucko.

HM

12. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Why Guns are better than Women

#10. You can trade an old 44 for a new 22.

#9. You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you're on the road.

#8. If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times.

#7. Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another handgun for a backup.

#6. Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.

#5. A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4. Guns function normally every day of the month.

#3. A gun doesn't ask , "Do these new stock make me look fat?"

#2. A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it.

And the number one reason a handgun is favored over a woman

#1. YOU CAN SILENCE A GUN.

13. senior smoke

bigdogtx-YOUR THE MAN!!!! great response.
    steve

14. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I'm a polygamist when it comes to firearms.

But I am faithful to all the ones I have. Wayne

15. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Every time I've shot a 100 I sold that gun and bought something more expensive (4 times now) I now own the most expensive combo I think I'll ever own and have yet to break another 100. Money does not buy happiness. I have stayed with the same women for 42 years though.

16. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I'm a polygamist: a BT-99 all winter and a BT-100 all other seasons. BT-100dc

17. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

jbmi,

Next time you have one of those guns that shoot 100's, let me know. I am still trying to find one. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.