1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

are you easily insulted?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quartering, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

i get the feeling that a lot of people don't like being told what idiots they are. when it's your turn to have it brought to your attention, do you take it for what it's worth or do you become defensive and feel insulted? thanks

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

My EX-wife used to tell me "don't be so sensitive". What she really meant was she thought she had a right to insult me and I didn't have the right to feel insulted.......haven't seen 'er for over ten years, dunno' where she went?

John C. Saubak

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Well I never!!!!!!!!! Hrmph!!

4. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Like my grandaddy used to say, "the hit dog hollers." Looks like Sportshot is the first victim.

Good post, quartering. It's a target-rich environment.

EE

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Who....me?

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

To have a friend.. you must be a friend.. friends don't insult friends..They help them..

7. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

You've assumed that I'm smart enough to recognize an insult.

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

idiot test. I scored a 17.

9. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I'm not nearly as dumb as I look. Teacher said I scored 15.

10. quartering

quartering Active Member

insult not buy contrived intent; but by fact, presented succinctly. sorry for the confusion

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

PerazziBigBore

"To have a friend.. you must be a friend.. friends don't insult friends..They help them.."

Any one that claims to be your friend and won't tell you that you are being an idiot/wrong isn't a true friend.

Bob Lawless

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    JUST WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?!?!?!

13. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Some of the guys on this forum act like little girls.

I'm going to tell you something my old dad used to say, "The only people that get picked on, are the people that don't take it very well".

And some of the guys here don't take it very well.

14. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Bob.. you're right.. a friend can tell you anything..and you will not be hurt by the words.. Friends don't ghurt friend.. If you're being a total AH/idiot.. I might hear.."Buddy,you're screwing up big time..".. Concept still gets across.. just you leave the door open to further conversation..

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

As I am super sensitive to begin with sometimes it takes me days or even weeks to get over some of the insults hurled at my frail persona.

It has never been my intent to insult anyone as I attempt to correct them about their DA statements.

Don

16. phirel

phirel TS Member

Super sensitive Don? That is a surprise. Don, it really does not take you weeks to get over a little dig I get in once in a while-- it takes you weeks to understand the poke in the rear I did make to you.

Pat Ireland
    PS to others, Don and I are friends.

17. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Another appropriate "old saying": If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen (or off the internet).

EE

18. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

I freely admit that Iam ignorant, stupid and somewhat retarded. I fell down alot as a kid, snorted Portland powder since I was 7, played with some damn good bug killers and ate alittle 40s,50s, and 60s paint (I was a fat kid and always hungry). Now with all that I accept about my imperfections, my wife, dog, cat and horses aren't quite as understanding. Make sure they don't get sensitive!

19. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

This is going down as the best thread ever, at least in my book. I most humbly appologize to poor BIGDON, I never ever realized that he was such a fragile persona, somewhat similar to WPT I guess. Oh well, such is life.

20. copper

copper Member

The only people that realy insult other have self esteem issues, I am not talking light hearted kidding. If it makes you feel good to think you made someone feel bad seek some help. A little self evaluation would go a long way. What your motivation, my dad use to say takes a small man to delight in someone else,s suffering. All kidding aside people have been killed because of internet insulting that got out of hand .to disregard it is irresponsable at best. Dave dictionary To behave with pride and arrogance, indignity,contempt,to act offensively , PS Do see any reference to being helpfull

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.