1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you better off today and the Lunatic Fringe

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by g7777777, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have been having this debate so here is the Subject: Are you Better Off today than you were Four Years Ago? Lets consider

Well those of you that haven't been involved in the political process- that havent written your Senator or Congressman over the last three years= you have by now about abdicated your vote.

Look at the people that have received a boon (that are better off). Directly better off.

Well we have

1. 50 million Americans on food stamps compared to 15 million-- a net gain of 35 million

2. The new Obama student loan forgiveness program-- The administration claimed 5.8 million- but really how many other people has it affected? Those that somehow have just figured out that they wont pay off their student loan and it will probably be forgiven? So lets up that to 10 million for all those that think they will be next in this charity give away

3. Home mortgage refinancing -- 1 million on the original HARP and another 1 million on the new program

4. Auto Bailout program's-- the administration claims 1.1 million saved and another 385,000 have since been created. Lets call that 2 million

5. Bank Bailouts-- Lets just say 2 million and not argue about this as it is obviously on the low side

6. Extended unemployment benefits over the last 3 years--- not blaming this all on Obama but the number generally given is 14 million

7. Paying money to solar energy firms and Fannie and Freddie execs despite their dismal failures-- oh at least 400 wealthy people (we have to have incentives to attract good people)

So without going any further- and I apologize for number 7 above, it might have come across as sarcastic, to answer how many are better off? Well the math comes out to about 50 million without even trying hard.

So about 124 million voted in 2008? And 50 million adults have directly benefitted from this current administration. They range from those that own mansions to those that get bussed to the polls by the Democratic party.

So assuming that those 50 million direct beneficiaries vote and vote for the current administration- just for the popular vote one can see that of the remaining 74 million the Republicans would have to get 62 million out of the remaining 74 million to have a TIE

But that isnt the way it works- the cities elect the President. Not the states that produce the natural resources and food stuffs to support the nation. The electorial college is run by the cities where you get bussed to the voting polls and dont have to drive and stand outside as you do in rural areas to vote.

So are you better off today than you were four years ago? Did you wait too long to get involved?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS Oh yea- if there are truly a significant number of undecided voters left--- how do you think the Lunatic Fringe ( those claiming Obama is not the President) affect them?

It might already be too late.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I like the way they were touting the unemployment/hiring numbers Friday, when there were actually 2.5 million less people employed in January then December. Guess they must have been gift wrappers?

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

“A government with the policy to rob Peter to pay Paul
    can be assured of the support of Paul.”

-George Bernard Shaw

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks- it looked OK on my screen but I went back and added a line and now it is seperated here.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    "Lunatic Fringe"?

The only lunatics I see is the one in the White House ruining this country and the ones supporting him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.