1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ARE YOU A MILLIONARE

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by slic lee, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Did you see the list of millionares in congress. The top liberal,Kerry made 260 million the last 3 years, the reason it doesnt show it now, he recently bought a small boat for $75 million, to avoid taxes he registered it in Rhode Island.
    The rest of all congress except for the newbies made millions in the last 2 to 3 years. Do ya think maybe they set the whole thing up?

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Lee, There are 545 people running this country and all of them are from the very finest schools, like Princeton, Harvard, Yale. Do you really think we are where we are by accident??? Food for thought. Break=em all. Jeff

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

What is a shame you need millions to run for office. Average don't have a chance.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Example: You need to build an addition on your house so you get 2 quotes. The low bidder has a truck like Sanford and Son, tools are in bad shape, and his men are ill kept. They other guy is 5% higher, trucks are fairly new, tools are organized and clean, and his men wear uniforms and are neat.

Who you gonna hire? Success breeds success.

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Setterman, Don't get me started! Carpenters just got their automatic raise(every 6 months) no matter what the economy or market dictates. I think it's time to call it quits.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Bob,

I don't know where your from but here in the midwest all the trades took a cut in pay (let alone less hours), are paying more for health and welfare(from existing pay scale) and it doesn't look good in the future yet.

A friend of mine (small business owner) in Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning is swamped with work until Jan or Feb. His wife quit taking calls a month ago except for emergencies. He said he is tired of all the hours but is grateful of the work in this economy.

Always seems someone is bitching about someone else. LOL

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

as a matter of fact I ....Why do you ask?

Jeff's right, above....we get to where we are for a reason.

8. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Wow, what a revaluation. Do you think you get into a position of power by asking your friends to vote for you?

So what's your point?

9. otnot

otnot Active Member

And just where are we? I think we are the brink of a depression bigger than the great depression. By the year 2114 our interest on our national debt will be in excess of $600 billion. Which is more than our government takes in taxes. If you look at the comparison of past recessions and depressions you will see that we are not heading for just a double dip recession but a full blown depression;

[​IMG]

10. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

and that graph is from march 09,,,,,,,,,

11. otnot

otnot Active Member

Oh you wanted a newer one?

[​IMG]</p

12. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

thanks,,,,,I already googled dshort.com,,,,,,,,,,more damn bad news than anyone can imagine,,,,,,,,,,

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Bob, My point is this. You hire qualified people that have become successful because of their management skills, but they may not be the cheapest. There are some successful polititions that have money, but now want to give back to our country. WE HAVE DECIDE WHO THEY ARE BY THEIR ACTIONS.

Most voters are not qualified to make this decision because they are self motivated and the bad guys know it. Guess who the bad guys are.

That union carpenter thing you mentioned,.....well, that will correct itself as they price themselves out of work, IF we stop the give aways. Again a political thing.

14. otnot

otnot Active Member

You guys need to go to the website I listed above and start following the articles.

Jim

15. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

To the original question, yes.

16. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

The point is get rid of all incumbents, dem and repub.
    My local newspaper is a liberal rag.
    Last weekend the had a voting article-dont be lazy, dont be foolish and vote for someone because they come from your country, take time out, read and if you cant decide vote against the person in office and so on. Big surprise.
    Look at the way repubs are hiding, thats what I call it.
    Boner,Mr boring, get rid of him, him and the rest are just sitting and waiting to do more as the dems did. Ill wager they wont cancel healthcare, on fox the whip of the repub party when asked 3 times, when u take office will the first law you repeal be healthcare, Im still waiting, his face got so red by the tv anchor the way she pinned him down demanding an answer, he kept looking around for help.
    The laws must be changed, the 14 amend nothing is wrong with it, somewhere along the time someone edited it and changed the wording, go back 100 years ago or more, read it, read the god damn thing, it doesnt mean illegals,it means people that live here in this country, people that were slaves or indentured their children would be CITIZENS and born FREE . Those SOB's changed the wording so it could be assumed, assumed.

17. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

McCain and Kerry both married money. Lots of it. A lesson for us all. However, in Kerry's case, I do not envy him.

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

A friends son ran for state representative. He spent about $10,000. The competition spent $200,000. Guess who won? All for a partime job that pays $32,000 per year.

19. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Capt Rick:

You got the wrong Heinz. Henry John Heinz III had the money. He died in a plane crash in 1991. Kerry just married "it".

sissy

20. otnot

otnot Active Member

The above link is well worth reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.