1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you a former member of the ATA but no longer?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

When was the last year you were a member? Why did you quit? Me 1997.Health reasons stopped me for years. Bulge.

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

[​IMG]

My dad was but it was only for life.

3. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

After seeing how they treated Doc Rively, I don't much motivation to renew.

4. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

smokey, how can you renew something that you've never had? You've never been a member of the ATA.

5. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Oh, like you and masculinity.

Got it.

6. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Smoking357 tried to join but his check bounced, causing him to almost lose his trailer. Man all hell broke loose. Mother was pissed thinking he was gonna move back home. loaned him some cash to keep him away and all is well.
    Chris

7. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Chris makes sure his dues never lapse, because he needs every buy-a-friend organization he can find.

Still doesn't work, but it gives him hope.

8. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

What would we do without the ATA---It would take yrs to replace the ATA---If its broke,fix it but lets keep what we have---JMT---George@SJB---

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Let my membership expire in 1990 don't plan to renew. I just enjoy shooting targets I compete with a group of friends and we enjoy it that way rather than registerd targets and all that is attached to that.

10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

After many years and attending the Grand for about 10 years, I let my membership lapse about 3 years ago. The nonesense over moving the Grand was probably the thing that most turned me off. The good-old-boy structure of the officers went a long way in that direction as well.

I do miss attending the shoots in the neighboring states but I don't miss waiting around for hours or even days to shoot a few hundred targets.

11. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I would be if I could get my $300 back. JRM 87-00043

12. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

I quit way over ten years ago. The targets are just WAY too boring.

13. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

So, with trap targets being so boring, which new shooting organization have you joined? What class are you in there?

14. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

I have been a member off and on going back over 30 yrs. Off when I lived in area where there was no place to shoot. Like many I especially enjoy shooting at local clubs with friends, and relax shooting the "boring" targets...like to compete against myself. The ATA is too hungup on the "Big" boys at the "Big" shoots, and all the politics, etc...but thats just my viewpoint. Others enjoy other parts of the organization.....Just my 2 cents.....WC

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Yes, I did not renew in 2010

16. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence. I don't consider myself a member of ATA although I pay a membership fee at the first of the 2 registered events I shoot every year. That's in July.

I pay the fee as a necessary part of my entry, not because I see any other benefits in belonging to the organization.

MK

17. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

Shot 100 registered birds this year. Not planning on renewing next year. I work til 4 oclock every day. Retired guys are all done shooting singles by the time I get there. Dont care to shoot one or two man squads. Dont care to shoot handicap or doubles. Think of all the money I saved. I won just as much as I ever did too!

18. shadow

shadow Active Member

Count me in as a "used to be member". My story goes a bit deeper thqan most and every time I post my question the thread just dissappears from here. Dont look for me to ever shoot another ATA bird, I am having more fun and winning more money at the games.

19. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Heyyy, go ahead and ask the Question again. Bulge.

20. happytrapper

happytrapper TS Member

I'm thinging about quitting because i just hate shooting with crybabies and bitchers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.