1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are we telling too much????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Just seems like we are telling the world our "secrets" on how we finally got UBL,,,,just wondering if this is the best policy????

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Do you really believe they are telling the truth? It's an organized game of disinformation designed to appease morons while keeping those who would harm us in the dark or comfortable in what they are doing.

Non of it is by accident. SDo you nreally think anybody from Seal team 6 spoke to the press let alone gave them the truth? Pleasee.... Jeff

3. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

it is stupid you don't say anything that could incriminate yourself, nor should we as a country. covert ops should remain covert.

4. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

and I'm like Jeff they are only going to tell you what they want to sell

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I personally think that AT MOST the only info that should have been posted was that he was dead...but just think if we would not have even said a word that he was gone and just cleaned the scene with no witnesses...Al Qaida would have stumbled around for months maybe even a couple years waiting for words of wisdom from their grand poobah that would never come...as they re-orgarganized they would advertise their whos who trying to struggle to be top dog..making easier identified targets for the next on Americas wanted list...JMHO

6. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Loose lips sink ships. I agree, all of this needs to be kept quiet for as long as possible while the U.S. lines up as many targets as possible.

John

7. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

how about just a note, the worst is yet to come, nothing more from military or anyone complete silence as to what happened that would have some pyschlogial effect i would think...dk

8. rd

rd TS Member

Well, Obama's primary concern is telling everyone how brilliant and effective HE is. I don't believe he cares at all about what may be good for our country. The first concern he has is to be re-elected, not to protect the country. It doesn't surprise me at all that he and the moron Biden might say too much!

9. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I think that having to leave a chopper behind (evidence) had a lot to do with the operation being discovered and announced to the world.

If they had gotten in and out without a hitch, nothing would or should have been released to anybody anywhere.

Covert is covert, unless the cover is blown...

10. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Watch out Boxof Rocks O'sambo is just throwing up a smoke screen to cover something else. Ross Puls

11. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

If you remember several years ago, our A-hole media reported for all to hear that we(CIA,FBI,etc)were monitoring bin-laden's cell phone messages. We might have killed him a lot sooner and saved hundreds of American lives if ABC, NBC,CBS, etc had kept their mouths SHUT. They should have been brought up on Treason charges for aiding and abetting the enemy. Obviously, no one remembers the Sedition Act or else a lot of Journalists and Politicians would be behind bars. ( even O himself would be gone). Larry Evans

12. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The point that Obozo has repeated so many times that the seals recovered all the hard drives cell phones etc, and the CIA is going through them is too much in my opinion, Bin LAden's cronies should be able to figure out that there is a good chance that they will be able to track them down so they need to move or get caught/killed

13. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

The Sedition Act was repealed in 1920.

Try googling the First Amendment to the US Constitution.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

This is a great part of what sets us apart from other countries in the world, especially theocratic countries like Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, ad nauseum.

Danny

14. bigdogtx

Jeff,,,,I haven't seen ANY member of Seal Team 6 saying ANYTHING,,,,Since they AREN'T giving away any details that I was speaking of those that are,,,,You think????

15. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

bigdogtx,

We flew in about 90 minutes, from what I can glean, undetected by Pakistani military, landed, killed the bad guy, spent another 40 minutes gathering intel, blew up a crashed helicopter, then flew out undetected.

I don't think there is anything we could tell those ragheads that would help them. YMMV.

None of the revelations justify such idiotic bullshit like the sedition act, the espionage act, or any of the other attempts to undermine the great principles this country was founded upon, like the First Amendment.

Danny

16. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Tell it to our illustrious president. He's the one who blabbed it all over the news. Anyway he did everything but pull the trigger himself so what secrets were there to give away?

17. bigdogtx

Danny,,,,I am referring to the intelligence we obtained and how we obtained it regarding how we found out where UBL was....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.