1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are we going to be in trouble with the cuts

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I know there is waste,,,,but are we cutting too much from Defense???

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Not if the powers to be would bring all our men and women home to defend the USA. Cant police the whole world... Roman empire fell because of that if i remember history.

I want them home here to protect me and my family.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Wes, that's a very Paul statement that suggests that you would prefer to fight future wars on US soil.

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

We need to multiply our manpower with electronic warfare, not soldiers. We are behind the curve on this one, boys. There are other countries who are much better at controlling the spectrum than are we at this point.

5. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

The Europeans will tell you that you don't want the home field advantage when it comes to war. Ron

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Obamalamadingdong would rather have us "protected" by the UN. Hillery is going to bring the small arms treaty to a senate ratification. I'm with 1357, I don't want home court advantage when it comes to bombs flying.

Jerbear

7. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

The way its happening is first a few hundred thousand troops get let go, in the Navy, they seem to be getting rid of those who are about to retire. They have formed a org to get help.This is despicable, men and women in for almost 20 years being denied pension while dirtbag hires more govt employees.
    Secondly, obamas new police are being hired all over the USA, sort of like a secret police group only open, the new TSA.Lee

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Now the navy is going to push for 15 year retirements. There was an article in the navy Times about this downsizing. Their being very selective when it comes to reenlisting. Things sure are changing fast.

9. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Navy will keep 11 carrier battle groups.

10. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

"Not if the powers to be would bring all our men and women home to defend the USA. Cant police the whole world... Roman empire fell because of that if i remember history"

Actually, just the opposite happened and may happen again. The Roman Empire fell because citizens were no longer willing to defend the frontiers (and police their world), being too interested in the games in the Colosseum, and watching chariot races. The Legions were recalled, one by one and disbanded, opening the doors for the barbarian hordes to gradually invade and eventually reach (and destroy) Rome itself. Best check out Gibbons "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire"

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

isn't it amazing how hussein screams about cutting one police, fireman's or teacher's job,,,,but not the military's,,,,,wants to "rework" military healthcare and retirement,,,,yet haven't heard much about "reworking" congress' healthcare or retirement....

Is this another way to get more under husseincare?????

12. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Yes, what we need to do is keep spending billions a day that we don't have (borrowed money increasing our out-of-control debt very quickly) being the policemen of the world in places we don't need to be in. At the same time we don't secure our borders from illegal aliens, terrorists and drug runners. Really doesn't make a lot of sense. We don't have to worry about bombs falling on US soil. The economic collapse will allow other countries to take over our failed country.

13. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Ron Paul has it right when he says a strong defense for our country, but not in 190 bases across the world.
    All of the foreign wars we have been involved in since WW2 have not been worth the blood shed by our sons and daughters. What have we gained from Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, etc?
    Protect our trade routes, yes, but what will we get out of Afghanistan but a worthless treaty and loss of face.
    Just my opinion after 68 years.
    Dave

14. Bentley998

Bentley998 Member

The statement that we have 190 bases through out the world is so much BS- true enough we have military attaches (been there- done that) wherever we have diplomatic representation - but Bases?? - in the words of John Stossel- "give me a break" Beyond the attaches assigned to diplomatic missions there may be from time to time military assistance teams in some countries usually of more than a few dozen uniformed individuals hardly a base ( been there- done that too)- hardly qualifying as a "base"

/s/ War College graduate

15. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

998 go back to bed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.