Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are these prices out of line?

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  senior smoke 
#1 ·
Hello:
Are these prices the norm, or are they to high? I started to reload again and this is what I was charged the other day.

1 lb. of red dot powder =$18.95

Federal primers $3.50 per 100

Hard Magnum shot, size 7 1/2, $34.99 per bag

Winchester AA 12 gauge wads $15.00 per bag of 500

Steve Balistreri

#4 ·
Primers are about average. The wads might be a couple bucks high. The shot is about $4 bucks high. This is according to the prices i just paid in my area a week and a half ago. Of course area to area prices vary. They are not terrible. My prices for mine were as followed straight from my ticket:

2000-W209 Primers--$59.00

6 bags Lawerence #8 shot--$186.00

8lbs Green Dot--$98

4 bags DownRange Fig 8----$28.00

#6 ·
Steve: For those quantities those prices are about right. You'll find the onky way to save money is to buy in quantity. Currently I pay
Win W209 28.00 per 1000
DR XL-1 78.00 per 5000
Promo 75.00 per 8lbs
West Cst Mag 30.00 per 25lbs. Without the cost of hulls this come to about $3.55 per box.

Your prices = about $5.00 per box.

Hope this helps.

#9 ·
Steve,

I think you are located in SE Wisconsin correct?

If so here is what I paid at Midwest Shooters Suppy.

Win 209 5000@160.99
Lawrence mag. shot 6 bags.@ $29.99ea.
Claybuster wads fig. 8 3 bags@ 8.25ea.

Jon

#10 ·
Stl Flyn:
I live in Wauwatosa, a suburb of Milwaukee. The place I purchased supplies from gets their supplies from Midwest or Recobs. I use to have a Mec Grabber years ago and started using walmart's Federal shells over ten to 15 years ago. Recently, I purchased a lee load all and I am having a blast with it. I only shoot one to two rounds a week since I got ill and that little reloader is perfect for the amount I now shoot. I have to admit I was shocked at the cost of reloading supplies from the time that I last reloaded shells. Most people make fun of the Lee reloader, but, it's durable, drops a consistint load of powder and shot. I also purchased their scale. That took time getting use to, but I now understand how it works. I use to reload PB powder years ago. Here was a load that was just devasting on targets. pb, hard 7 1/2's, brown Federal 12 s4 wad, Federal gold medal hull. I can't remember the amount of PB without looking at my records, I think it was around 21.3 of PB? Thanks for all your responses.
Steve Balistreri

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.