1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ARE THERE SIMILAR SITES LIKE EBAY?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    i use to purchase shotgun stocks, barrels, parts etc on ebay. then ebay changed their policy and will not list any shotgun barrels. a couple gun sites i have seen, primarily list guns for sale. is their a smilar site like ebay, that has shotgun parts, stocks, barrels etc?
    steve balistreri

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

http://www.gunbroker.com

http://www.auctionarms.com

3. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

www.craigslist.org

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yahoo used to have an auction site too, don't know if it's there anymore.

Craigslist is good. (Personals are great.)

HM

5. Dynokick189

Dynokick189 TS Member

I'm familiar with both these sites and visit them on occassion. The current problem is volume of bidders/buyers - it's too small to create good deals.

E-bay had millions of people looking for (and finding) good deals. On these other sites, currently, it is a sellers market (or not... have to admit there are a lot of no-bids on many items).

I'll check the "gun" sites on a preferential basis in the hopes that they will provide me with good deals. But so far, I can get most of the non FFL items as cheap or cheaper from Midway or Cabela's. The only real variable is shipping cost and returnability (better guarantees w/the catalogue guys).

It will take time, but I will support "gun" related auctions when they become competitivly priced with the major catalogues or my local stores. I hope the auctions improve soon because its anywhere from a 60 to 160 mile trip to a good (local) sporting goods store where I live.

I guess it would be helpful if from time-to-time folks on T.S. would pass along sites with good deals.

Think Spring,

MIke

6. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.