1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are there more Idiots on TS.Com Now?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by biff, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

Are there more idiots on here now than there were or does it just seem that way to me. I'm not talking about trolls, but just stupid people. Biff

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Every year, as the end of the shooting year approaches and winter keeps us in the house, this forum turns into a bitching contest. Why it's starting so early this year is a mystery.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

3. david636

david636 TS Member

Answer: Yes!

Opinion: A group of so called 'trap enthusiasts' with WAY too much time on their hands.

But this is the internet, so everything you read must be true!

David

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I always hear about the great sport we have and the best part is the good fellowship shared---I have to laugh when I read some of the mean spirited threads here on TS's---That don't seem like good fellowship to me---To me it's a sign that there are many unhappy folks out there---sjb---

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Well, I'm not too smart. Since taking up trapshooting, my IQ has gone down even further. Would a person with a brain shoot a 40 acre field down the end of a barrell, like I probably have?

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Since other shooting disciplines don't have anything like TS.com, we must endure some of the idiot fringe that have no better place to go. Consequentially, we get all kinds of whackadoo ideas from them.

They'd do much better if they did some homework before commenting and showing their ignorance.

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Everyone here that disagrees with me must be wrong. All the people that agree are very very smart.

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

For what it cost to shoot.. There are not alot of idiots shooting trap.. However.. there are many insensitive trapshooters who come across poorly..

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Like the "why don't we handicap by gauge" thread?

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Terry, your opinion of this website is well-known to all its posters. But always remember that sites like this one are very good tools for a business to employ for the purpose of measuring the level of satisfaction of its customers.

Perhaps the reason we have so many posters whose opinion of the ATA seems warped is because of the ATA's traditional silent, head-in-sand presence. When a number of your customers voice the same concern and the only respondent is a staunch defender like yourself who belittles those who voiced their concerns, human nature is to assume the worst.

The ATA has needed to improve the line of communication with its member owners for a long time. For example, I've participated in eight different states' state shoots, many of them multiple times and for multiple days each time, and have only ever seen one delegate seated at a table with a sign identifying him so his constituents could approach him - Tom Ford, the former Connecticut delegate. Your state shoot is not one I attended, so if you have done something like that, thank you.

Whether or not you currently are a delegate, having been one identifies you to many people as someone who knows the inner workings of the ATA and the EC. Whether that assumption is accurate or not, telling us when and how our beliefs are incorrect instead of lumping us together as "idiots" would do a lot for the ATA's image.

Ed

11. jhoward

jhoward Member

I've been to quite a few Kentucky state shoots when Terry was our delegate. I do not ever remember seeing him sitting at a table waiting for someone to come by and speak with him. He was always out setting targets, collecting score sheets, and doing whatever else needed to be done to ensure that the shoot went as smoothly as possible. I'm sure that he would have much rather been sitting in the AC behind a table as our state shoot is the 4th of July weekend and it is normally very hot and humid.

I don't know if this is the case in other states, but Terry never seemed to have the time for sitting. That said, I never saw him not stop and talk to anyone who asked a question or just wanted to say hello.

12. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Setterman, that was a pretty low-class swipe.

Change scares the heck out of some of you old grumps.

What's wrong with a pro-class .410 event from the 27 yard line that produces a clear winner after 100 shots and is appealing to a tv producer?

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Name some.

14. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Terry - Most prefer face to face because it is not anonymous. Here, there is no such hindrance. Jimmy Borum

15. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

One man's "Idiot" is another man's "Idol". (or something like that)

I think it's just a normal crossection of the Trapshooting Populace. Maybe some stand out a little more than others.

16. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, could you repeat the question?

17. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

357, Have you read the responses on your thread. One positive response. The rest all negative. You don't understand the game.

18. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I think we should have an IQ Test as part of the sign in process on TS.Com. This way we can weed out the idiots. HMB

19. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Now, this is a great read.

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yes. There's an election coming up, so the idiots and fake trapshooters who support anti-gunners come crawling out like ants in the woodwork.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.