1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are The Good Times Really Over?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by gdbabin, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Merle didn't think so back in 1983....

Enjoy

2. wayno

wayno TS Member

and it's just as true today...

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

A little easier Guy....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eFHJ41ktt3Q?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

Saw Merle live at Bethel Woods (the original Woodstock location) last summer. Great show. He's getting old, heck arent we all? Get out and see him while you can! An American icon.

5. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you....but, you need to see the movie: "THE ROAD".......we are definitely headed that way........maybe the Mayans were off by just a few years......

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

"The Road" is maybe, the most depressing book and depressing movie ever made.

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

"The Road" is a work of fiction. I try to avoid forming opinions on reality based on fiction.

Merle's song cites changes back in the post Viet Nam era--that are not unlike today. Rather than harp on the worse case, his song expresses a positive view for the future.

Granted, I'm a half-full kind of guy, but I believe America will be ok in spite of the Mayans, Chicken Little, and the quacks digging bunkers like pack rats amoung us today.

Guy

8. jimsw

jimsw Member

Great song, great singer. Nothing like the old time country singers.

This time sadly, the good times are really over. I turned 78 this week and I saw the good times. Sadly they are gone forever. If you don't believe it just wait. The election was a pure disaster and it isn't going to get better, only much worse.

Heaven help this once great country.....

Jim White

9. Hey Joe

Hey Joe TS Member

I will say something also I turned 76 in Dec. I think of my Dad he was 48 when I came along. WW1 vet. 5 campains a draftee and a rancher. He said if he had a choice to live in what century it would be the future. He saw the first airplane fly radio TV and watched them walk on the moon. He came from dirt floors cow hide doors and watching your wife die in chilbirth and kids die of chickenpox. DO NOT GIVE UP this AMERICA we live in it is the last best place. Too much

B-S on TV and radio to watch and listen to shut them off and get to work.

10. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Jim,

I would bet that back in the 60s and 70s your generation was convinced the younger generation (mine—your sons) were doomed. Long hair, miniskirts, and rock and roll god forbid!

I will not accept that you had a corner on the market for American pride and hope. I do respect your age and experience, but I do not respect your condemnation of our future. Are you really that pretentious?

Guy

11. Mapper

Mapper Member

Not pretentious, but neither am I sanguine. Folks with good intentions can mess things up as badly as the evil ones.

12. jimsw

jimsw Member

Not pretentious just a realist.

13. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I'm with Jim. It shall be a wild year coming up with this government I suspect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.