1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are shotgun hulls no longer sold on eBay?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dr.beav, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

I was just told that they can no longer sell shotgun hulls on eBay -- is that right???? And, do you think that is correct for eBay to do??

2. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=136327&messages=13

3. 45er

45er TS Member

You are correct, no more hulls on Ebay. Ebay is run by about the most left-wing paranoid bunch of liberal idiots as you can find in the good ol' US of A. That should answer your question on whether it is "correct" or not for them to sell hulls on their auction site. I can't imagine that someone buying hulls on Ebay is likely to go to the trouble of reloading them and committing a crime with the fruits of their labor, but Ebay executives obviously see a liability issue there somewhere. rob

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i have sent ebay 2 letters condeming their recent decision not to sell most gun related items. once the amount of their sales go down, i hope they will possibly reconsider. as i previous stated to them, they will be losing a lot of customers. we are becoming a nation of pansies. older friend told me, when he was in school, he use to bring his shotgun to school with his shells. he would place it in his locker so he could go hunting after school. things have certainly changed. everytime a disturbed individual goes on a shooting spree, the law abiding citizen who owns a legal gun, pays for it.
    steve balistreri

5. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

There decision stemmed from the Virginia Tech shooting. The Mentally unstable shooter bought extra hi capacity magazines on ebay and used them in the shooting.

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

senior smoke,

Don't hold your breath. I suspect the effect to eBay's bottom line will be so small, it won't even be noticed.

7. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

I'm not sure if they are left-wing, or liberal, but they certainly seem to be paranoid and idiots at times. I've written them about banned items (such as certain types of antique locks) and the basic response was sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.