1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ARE SHOOTERS BETTER OUT EAST OR IN THE WEST?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i was at lakeview gun club today, had a discussion about east vs. west coast shooters. a few felt, that the east shooters should have an edge over the west coast shooters due to shooting in different and toughfer weather conditions. one guy said when people from the east go out west, most shoot better, targets are softer. i feel a good shooter is a good shooter regardless where he shoots. any validity to east coast having an edge over west coast shooters when they come to the grand. seems to me the record books speak for itself. what do you think?
    steve balistreri

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

How bout us southern boys? Ya forget about us?

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    You southern boys make us nervous when you say, "Y'all hol' mah beer an' watch this" when your squad is up.

4. grammie

grammie TS Member

Instead of comparing east vs west,,,it might be better to consider "target presentation"!!!!

Western targets are generally higher than those set in the East!!!!

And,,,,the targets are probably seen "much,much" better by the shooter,,,,the western backgrounds and big sky combine to produce good scores...

AKA Grammie.........

5. brian5003

brian5003 TS Member

Dont forget us northerners were the ones that won the war......and it aint because we know how to do the jig.

What a troll.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have lived in South Dakota, Indiana, Colorado, Arizona, Washington and Idaho. I found good shooters in all the states. More places to shoot in Indiana

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've had several readers ask me that question over the years. If you look at the hometowns of the winners at the Grand, which is about the only shoot that feeds on the country as a whole for entrants, you'll find no one locale in particular that produces winners. Thus I think it's all that dog having its day.

Ed

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

That depends on who you ask and where they are from more so than anything else ... Talent has no specific location and is spread out all over the place ... If its your day, you are the one be it in the east, west, north or south ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Pukey Stagg

Pukey Stagg TS Member

Yes, most definitely!

Pukey

10. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Thought the saying was 'out west and back east'?

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.