1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are scores from VA State shoot posted somewhere??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AveragEd, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I drove down to Winchester today and spent some time with friends. I did look at the doubles scores - as I recall, Butch Bornman ("ebsurveyor" on here) was high non-resident with a 98 and may have been high overall. The handicap championship was shooting but no scores were posted when I left.

I did see two S&W handguns for sale at a vendor's display. Both were seriously overpriced, based upon what I've paid on auction sites for the same models. I went primarily to shop but was surprised by the small number of vendors there.

Ed

2. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Well I can't help you with the scores,but I can say that the shoot was very well run,and the targets were excellent.I would like to thank Gary Funkhouser,and his gang for a job well done(as always).You guys are just the best.Thanks again..............

D.P.Reynolds

3. TjayE

TjayE Member

Average Ed

Thanks for the info. I don't think the Virginia State shoot had the non-resident awards. It is listed as OPEN TROPHIES and that is not the same as Non-Resident TROPHIES. If a State wants to attract Out Of States shooters to support their events, they need to change from OPEN TROPHIES to NON-RESIDENT TROPHIES. Most of the surrounding states are changing their programs to list non-resident trophies. Just my thoughts on the trophy situation. Tom

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Were are the scores and options posted ?

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

They aren't yet..... Patience.

BTW Ed, the number of vendors there was on par with the number showing up over the past 5 years or so.

Also, PA is the only "surrounding" state that offers Non-resident trophies that I am aware of. Note that the PA State is either the second or third largest shoot in the nation typically.

Guy Babin

6. vatrap

vatrap Member

Our delegate was working on getting everything entered last night after the shootoffs ended around 8:30. They should be up on the state site in a day or so. I can report that Doug McRae posted a 100 straight in the Handicap Championship from the 24 yard line. Congratulations to Doug for his second 100 straight in handicap, I got to see him shoot his first one in NC State shoot at the Durham club.

Mike

7. jdomas

jdomas Member

Doubles Champion was Clay Floyd with 98 x 100 and Singles Champion was Glen Funkhouser with 200 x 200 + 50 shootoff over last years champion Will Pearce.

I'll try to get some more listed later today.

John D

8. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

I think the mighty HAWK won the HOA.

9. trapace

trapace Member

Scores will be posted ASAP. Person who does this is on vacation

Bob Brino
    President VTA

10. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Were are the scores posted?