1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Pillasport glasses really any good?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cabman, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cabman

cabman TS Member

Are these shooting glasses any good....they are expensive!! Are they worth the money?

Cabman

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Good for the people selling them...

3. William Perry

William Perry Member

I just bought a three lens set in the "hawk" style for $299. They are the clearest glasses I ever have used. I tried them along Randolph's, the Pilla's were about the same money for three lenses, and there was no comparison.

Several of my friends have looked though them and have the same opinion. Compare that price to what some guns cost. Will they help my shooting. I hope so as I need the help. I'm not trying to sell anything, but they are really good.

4. Westie

Westie Member

Bought a three lense set earlier this summer. Pretty expensive but the best lenses I have looked through, including my regular prescription glasses. Excellent quality.

5. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

Have not seen an improvement in scores--

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Bought a set of Hawks from Pilla at the 2010 Grand.

really like the no nosepiece feature as I often had crossfiring problems due to the nosepieces on my Decot's and Randolphs.

In my case, I've seen a substantial increase in target acuity and scores.

to each his own, I'm happy with Mine.

Jim Chapman
    ATA #0110278

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Pilla FKA HiDefSpex... are a premium shooting glasses system. Traditional polycarb lenses will never have the optical quality to equal, but having read about the new lens materials from Randolph and the use of Trivex as lens material option... there are choices out there.

As far as their quality, I've yet to hear negative things about the various models...

Jay

8. plux001

plux001 Member

Here's the thing you gotta remember about shooting glasses. No one can tell you what will work for YOU. We all see colors differently. So you must test different colors in different conditions. I got my Pilla's from Tom in Texas. Very user friendly. Tom sent me probably 10 different lenses and two sets of frames. Told me to try them under various conditions and pick the three I liked best. What I ended up with I NEVER would have guessed. Now I know that I have the best lenses/colors for my eyes and the conditions I shoot in. On top of that, the optics are unsurpassed. Do they cost too much??? Yup! But by how much? Maybe $100 too much. Did I get $100 of additional value by getting the EXACT combination that works for me? Yup. But you decide...

Paul

9. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I bought a set of used Puma's that came with 3 lenses, and I ended up buying a fourth lense that was darker. I am color blind, and these lenses make the targets glow. Much easier for me to see the targets when they glow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.