1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Perazzi's quieter?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Are Perazzi

I have noticed this but never questioned it.. Today at the range 5 kids were on the line, 3 shooting XT's one 1100 and one P-gun.. it sounded like ka-boom.ka-boom.ka-boom. ka-boom. bang... the bang being the Perazzi.. when the shooting was over one of the coaches came up to me and asked how much shot I loaded..I told him 7/8.. he then said some of my shells were off sounding and none of them had much "kick" to them... I told him my kid was shooting the same shells as everyone else.. federal 1 1/8 that we buy through the sctp... he just kinda looked at me and said I thought she was shooting reloads.. I know it doesnt make sense but her gun is quieter than the others.. only 2 of them were ported..
  2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    IL(The gun friendly Southern Part)
    Barrel length maybe? Auto guns louder?

I've always thought the Auto shotguns were louder because of the bolt cycling. I've also noticed this with my .22 rifles. My Ruger 10/22 semi-auto is louder than my Marlin 39A. I think you get some more noise from it escaping during the bolt cycling. I could be wrong though.

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I am sure that it may be due to several factors: 1. barrel length, 2. auto vs. break open, 3. Porting, 4. forcing cones, 5. choke tubes, 6. and yes, even the make of the gun. Many DT10's have a distinctive 'ping' when shot. Fred
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.