1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Perazzi ® cases OK for airline use?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Neil Winston, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

. . . or should I use something aluminum?

Neil

2. Art D

Art D Member

I travel from Miami to Las vagas and had no problems with a perazzi cases, but I suggest you use a TSA approve strap thru the center handle to make sure its not broke into.

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hi, Neil...

I use mine all of the time. It is sturdy, lightweight, and locks.

Martin's aluminum case was punched through, so I guess you can get damage using any case if the cargo crew throws it around enough.

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

You are taking a big chance for damage. I witnessed the "freight apes" throwing my case while loading it on the plane. I was traveling to Vegas on that trip. I always secure my guns in an Americase with a case around the Americase. I also use a heavy duty Warwick two gun case with only one gun in it. After I witnessed the tossing of my case. You might get lucky, then again, you might not. With Perazzi logos on the case, I say do not tempt them with theft either. Just my experience. Roy

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

It has been my observation that the weight of the americase may make it more susceptible to damage than the perazzi type cases. I carry all of my gun cases in side of my Boyt rolling duffel case. If you travel a lot look in to one.

Joe

6. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

I load my gun cases inside a SKB Space Saver Standard Golf Case: sturdy & doesn't look like there's a gun in it!

7. old pipe

old pipe TS Member

This depends on how much do you want to shoot at the tournament, We have to
    fly out to any shoot and we have tried many different cases to see which will
    provide the protection and it came down to 2, Americase and Nasco. You may get
    away with what ever case so far but don`t be surprised when you miss your
    tournament because something went amok. Just a tip from a non worry shooter
    who saw a few ruined shotguns and the owners in agony. Have a nice day.
    pineapple

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I didn't trust the Perazzi metal case a gun came in, so I stepped up to the Americase for a gun that I just sold ... There is no way I would ever trust a plastic case to protect anything worth protecting ... (JMHO) WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.