1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Are Our Candian Friends Rude?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Chango2, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

So we were heading back to the border of the USA in central B.C. Stopped by the side of the road, and a young Canadian man (Said he was heading back home to Calgary, Alberta license plates) said he was just letting his "Canadian Black Retriever" have a little exercise on the side of the road. He encouraged me to go up to and pet the canine. I did so, and was growled at and just missed being swatted. That Canadian said he loves playing that joke on "citified Americans, 'eh".

I can't fathom such a beautiful part of the world has so many rude people living within its borders. Below is a picture of his beautiful Canadian Black Labrador Retriever.
    chango2_2008_030316.jpg
  2. trappermike

trappermike Member

BIG DOG. He'd take up a lot of room in a duck blind.
  3. 320090T

320090T Active Member

Never had any trouble with their Retrievers but the Mounties went through my daughters underware in her suitcase at a border crossing. No sniffing, just looking. I told them if they were looking for drugs they should look in the 500 shotgun shells I had in the truck, no humor at all and I didn't really care.
  4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe Active Member

Canadians are the LEAST rude people on the planet !!!
  5. quartering

quartering Active Member

i don't see a collar on that puppy
  6. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Active Member

All of the Canadians I have ever met/dealt with have been great people. They just need to learn that a person raised in the southern part of the US needs iced tea refills with a meal in their restaurants.
  7. Setterman

Setterman Active Member

I've duck hunted in most of Canada, and have never been treated rudely.

Except when we were accidently in the wrong field one morning....He used words I've never heard before. Must have been French.
  8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Actually, I must have been confused...the Canadians were very nice and we had a great time. I need a new set of eyeglasses according to my wife.
  9. JRW

JRW Member

Whenever I go to Canada to shoot two dogs has Crown Royal if I want some. He is a good Canadian. Jerry
  10. ctreay

ctreay Member

My parents came from the UK as children and were raised in Canada. My Father in Quebec, and my mother in Ontario,so I have spent a lot of time in Canada,eh. The only rude Canadians I ever encountered were in Quebec. They seem to have a hatred for anyone who speaks the english language.

ctreay
  11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Active Member

Those damn Canadian Retrievers never brang the goose back..didn't have squat to show for my waterfowl hunt so don't waste your money guys ; )
  12. ExFedex

ExFedex Member

Such beautiful women though!
  13. 391 shooter

391 shooter Active Member

What I do know is, all Canadians think they are funny, but, I have never met a funny Canadian.

With that being said I have met a lot of Canadians here in Florida and found out what happiness really is.

Happiness is a Canadian headed home with a New Yorker under each arm.
  14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Active Member

NICE, 391......how generous of you....NOT!

Ron Burr

Alberta
  15. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

It might take alot of room up in the blind but I would love to se you try to take the duck away for him. LOL
  16. wolfram

wolfram Active Member

Dem Canuks are real jokesters ehh!

Nice dogs ta boot.
  17. Ross

Ross Active Member

Having several friends from Canada ( & other parts of the world) I have to say your wife may be onto something about those "glasses"---- GRIN, chuckle chuckle. Ross Puls
  18. senior smoke

senior smoke Active Member

Canadians are probably the only country in the world that still likes us. I am sure they have a few knot heads just like us.
    Steve Balistreri
  19. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Yeah, I need them glasses bad. Hard to seperate Canadian coins from 'Merican at times now.
  20. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Member

You should go up into the northeast part of B.C. We have really nice big brown retrievers up there. They are so friendly, they will try to rip the doors off your car so you don't even have to get out to play with them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.