1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Model 12's Marked "TRAP"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rick979, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Are Model 12

Are all model 12's that are trap guns marked "trap"? Thanks

2. larryjk

larryjk Member

Are Model 12's Marked

rick979, Apparently not all of them. I own a Model 12 that came in the Winchester box with the serial number of the gun in the box. The box was marked "Trap" but the gun isn't. It is of the period between 1964 and 1966 serial numbers. It originally had a Hydrocoil stock (brown). It has since been restocked and engraved. I still shoot it occasionally.

3. spritc

spritc Active Member

Are Model 12's Marked

Some are, some are not. Back in the day you could order a model 12 in any configuration you wanted. If you want to tell the difference between a model 12 where the rib was done at the factory or ordered by the factory, the proof mark will be next to the rib near the receiver. If the rib was an add-on, after the fact, the proof mark will be under the rib and nearly impossible to see i most cases.

Pigeon grade model 12's always have the pecker facing left, but these have been duplicated as well.

Steve

4. 7 straight

7 straight Member

Are Model 12's Marked

mine is marked stanard trap

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Are Model 12's Marked

I had a trap model 12 that was not marked as such. The one I now own is so in a one word anser No they are not

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.