1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Model 12's allowed in New York State/NYC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Are Model 12

A poster on one of the other (and possibly less informed sites) saw pictures of my Model 12 riot guns and said they had wanted a Model 12 but there was a five round magazine limit in New York.

After checking the statutes I think there is no such limit for a pump shotgun.

Anyone on TS.com know the answer for sure?

Here are my Model 12 Riot guns (with their nasty/evil 6 shot magazines):

[​IMG]

2. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

There are no restrictions on shotguns or on magazine capacity in underbarrel tubular magazines in New York State (other than the five boroughs of NYC). Any non-felon can posess one, resident or non-resident.

New York City is a totally different animal, gun ownership is essentialy banned for all non-cops.

3. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

NYC does require a permit to purchase or possess a shotgun or a rifle, but I just checked and I think it it a "shall issue" type of regulation.

Here is the form:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/permits/rifle_shotgun_permit_application.pdf

It does cost about $235

4. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear Bushmaster 1313,
    YES, you can possess a six round magazine PRODUCTION shotgun in New York State..New York City residents must obtain permits for any gun and all ammo including .22 AMMO!! The problem comes when you want to take the gun afield as in hunting! THEN you had better check with the DEC BEFORE going afield! ( I think your going to have to reduce the capacity for Hunting) And in summary, leaning an unloaded firearm against or on a motor vehicle will get you a ticket from a DEC officer in NY State!
    Respectfully submitted,
    Jet Boat Bill

5. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I have hunted deer with a mod 12 for over 50 years. 6 in the tube + 1 in the chamber until I got older and figured it made the gun too heavy, now it's 3+1. My first year at deer hunting when I was 16, I got to shoot at a buck about 5 minutes after the season was open, ( 7am back then) I emptied the mod 12 on it, blood and hair and meat all over the place and it still ran away to where a bunch of Native American Indians reduced it to ground venison. The last time I took 2 shots to kill a deer was 1988. Bill, I will have to read up on the rules. Larry.

6. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

where do they hunt deer in NY City....central park??

tony

7. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

KENENT1. Tony, I hope you are joking about NYC as many people think our state is paved from Lake Erie to the Atlantic Ocean. I know what I would hunt in Central Park and it wouldn't be deer. Larry

8. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Larry.....I have read about alot of great hunting in NY state......yes I was joking.

tony

9. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Bloomberg and his money and agenda are the biggest enemy for all gun owners and I would think the NRA also. He is equal in his anti gun beliefs in my mind to any other person who is so fanatical they are a serious threat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.