1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are hand braces legal?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hunter46spring, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunter46spring

Hunter46spring TS Member

I had an unfortunate accident at work that left me with, among other problems, an injured left wrist. As a result of this I have not shot a registered bird yet this year. My question relates to the hard plastic brace I have to constantly wear on my left wrist. Is it legal for me to wear this during competition? Eventually I will be out of it but it may be 8 months or more....I cant stand going that long with out shooting.
    -Hunter

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Hunter- There are no ATA rules that would make your hand brace illegal.

Pat Ireland

3. Fhil Whiner

Fhil Whiner TS Member

If you were to kick some "BIG DOG" butt, 40% of shooters would have a brace the next week

4. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

and the other 60% bitching about it.

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

trapshooter1, I believe you hit the nail on the head! LOL

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Bingo!

7. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

who makes these braces? i have one hand and would like to have some way to hold the gun up.i use my forearm now but the gun will slide somtimes.

8. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

I saw a chair shooter at a PVA shoot up in Green Bay this weekend with a rig that worked pretty well. It looked like he had partial use of his left hand and none with his right, so he rigged up a sliding front rest that looked like he had turned on a lathe, and it slid from side to side on a horizontal rod mounted to his chair. Shot pretty well, too. He was shooting caps when I saw him.

Bet you can figger a way to do it if he could.

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

So what if you have a brace. Wear it while you shoot and then let all that you beat know that you beat them one handed. LOL. There are no rules that I know of.

10. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Tracyhunter , have you tried going to get a protheses from reliable manufacturer . I`m sure they could come up with something that would work for you possibly to cradle the forearm with .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.