1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Elections RIGGED????????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hydra, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

Yes, we go and vote. I do but does it really mean anything. Does the people really put the person in office that we the people want or does the gov let you think you did? In other words does the gov let you vote but rig things for the person they want to go in the office? I don't trust the gov and I'm going to trust them even less starting next week. Just look at the fact that they want to take your guns away. They now have a person in office that want to do just that. Its just one step at a time.

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

They may be rigged, but not in the way that you are thinking. A mass conspiracy on that level, without some kind of disclosure, would be well beyond the intelligence level of many of the players.

Vote-rigging, however, has been going on since the Kennedy administration.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

This one was rigged by the media

4. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

In 1963 my most admired history professor told us that, in all likelihood, there has never been a completely honest general election in this country. I've been vexed by that revelation ever since. Having watched, and participated in the voting process since then, I have come to believe that he was exactly correct in his statement.

My closest friend is a computer guru, and his take is that "if you're voting by computer/modem, you really have no expectation that your vote is being correctly counted." At least paper ballots have to be mishandled in some manner of fraud or neglect. I would be willing to wait for a week or two to find out the results of an election, if we would return to paper ballots, not that it's a foolproof method.

I also think that harsh, increased punishments are needed for all voter fraud. I recently read that several of the voter fraud convictions in Ohio did not include a single day incarceration! No penalty, no crime...how liberal rewarding can we get?

I've put my time in the voting precinct to ensure things go evenly, it's not a simple task when you find partisan zealots working next to you. But, for us retired folk it is rewarding, even if you just go down to sit and watch the pole workers.

There are two things I try to keep forefront about voting: one - a quote from Will Rogers -"the trouble with democracy is that sooner, or later, the character of the elected official succumbs to the character of the voter." And, two: "It doesn't take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires in the minds of men....Samuel Adams." Which is exactly why ACORN succeeded in destroying the integrity of this election.

The silent majority will always be duped as long as it remains silent.

IMO,
    Kip

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Yes they are rigged, they let idiots vote. Over 69 million this past election.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

I'm with Neal Boortz on this. I think we should bring back the POLL TAX. No voting by people under age 60 who don't pay income tax. Our future is being decided by people who have no "skin in the game," and it's f__king us over.

It's right out of the Marie Antoinette / Attila the Hun school of governance...but dammit, I think we need to inject some small doses of that back into the process, before economic reality brings the whole idea back and forces it on us against our will.

7. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Money is the mother's milk of the electoral process. Unions, the NRA and groups of all kinds can legally raise and spend money.

There may be some minor direct vote buying but IMO money is what buys the TV and radio time and what induces many "volunteers" to work for a candidate.

Newspaper endorsements don't seem to mean as much as they once did.

Future candidates will really have to know and understand how to use the Internet.

Ed Ward

8. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

Maybe not "rigged" but ask and you will quickly learn that few voters have any idea as to who/what they are voting for no matter which candidate they prefer.I am very active politically, serving as a state executive committeeman of my party. it is my experience that most people are "one issue" oriented and cast their vote for the candidate that they believe holds a view most closely matching their own on this one issue, regardless of what position the candidate may have regarding other critical issues.Quite often this decision is based upon a faulty perception, perhaps shaped by innuendo and rumor, rather than upon empirical evidence. Obama may say that he has no intention to invade or curtail our second amendment liberties, but his voting record belies these statements. Frankly, with the present composition of the Supreme Court and it's recent rulings on this issue, I think the gun grabbers have little immediate chance of significantly altering or restricting our right to gun ownership. However, that does not mean that we are not headed for oppressive restrictions in the form of harsher transfer restrictions, gun show regulations, oppressive ammunition and transfer taxes,etc. The list goes on forever. Of course, it will get worse if the composition of the court is altered. Time will tell!

9. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

The senate election in Minnesota sure looks like its rigged. I know Chicago elections have been in the past. Mostly I agree that the media can pretty much get who ever they want with stories printed any way they want. Propaganda always works.

10. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I'm not pouting Bill, just pointing out facts. Over half of the people that voted for Obama thought the Republicans were in control of Congress. Here in California, we are totally screwed because public employee unions such as police, firefighters, teachers and paricularly the prison guards have bought the Democrat Party which is now permanently embedded in power through gerrymandered disticts and the increasing percentage of ignorant, stupid and government dependent "voters".

Our Democrat controlled legislature and local governments have continued to vote higher wages and benefits for public employees and increased welfare for the non-productive. Now, guess what, California is broke and looks just like EVERY other place where the Democrats have embedded power.

I have no kids or grand kids that are going to have to live with the Sh** Hole towards which this Country is headed.

11. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Lately we've been voting like Third World countries. This ACORN bunch undermines our democratic process and our politicians and enforcement treats it like it is a minor rule violation; IT IS VOTER FRAUD and I have emailed over 5 Congressmen to cut off any funding to ACORN. That's a big nut to crack but it undermines our election process and must be stopped. BT-100dc

12. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
    Those who count the votes decide everything."

purported quote from Josef Stalin. If you don't know who he is, you shouldn't be voting!

13. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Never rely on the public to vote in an honest, thoughtful manner. It just doesn't happen that way.

The hoi polloi are persuaded by the largess promised them by candidates. It this weren't true, a modern liberal would stand no chance of being elected.

Don't be amazed at the price for which votes, and influence can be sold. It hasn't been that long since votes could be bought for a hot dog and a beer. Democrats used to have picnics on election day; feed people a hot dog and a beer; and then take them to the polls.

Elected officials have been bought for a few hundred dollars; hardly worth the effort by most of us. A recent scandal in Kentucky showed State Highway officials had been paid a few hundred dollars to sway a multi-million dollar bridge-painting contract.

As a group, most people here rely on logic to figure out things. That's not how the body politic works. It's emotional. How do you think Obama garnered such support? I haven't seen such evangelistic zeal since Elmer Gantry. Ignorant, uneducated people buy into the "give me something at someone else's expense mentality". Howard Stern's sojourn into Harlem merely proved the rule. His primary election inertia was driven by the most vague of promises. He never defined "change"?

The "nanny state" since the Great Depression has bred several generations of those dependent on the government for their livelihood. This has been exacerbated by LBJ's "Great Society" programs, and the politicians on both sides of the aisle, eager to stay in office.

The "media" contributed by the fact that they long ago gave up on the "who, what, when, and where" of journalism. Stories on the front page are rarely objective, stating facts, and letting the reader draw his own conclusions. Instead, the 24/7 news cycle delivers headlines, no depth, and people are driven to near panic every time the Dow moves a few points, or oil moves $2/bbl. Watch CNN and MSNBC, and note the editorializing on news reporting.

It's unlikely that we will ever recover the republic founded in 1787. There are just too many people who don't know, and don't care.

Dennis

14. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Elections are only rigged if your man loses.

16. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I don't see where this election was rigged any worse than W's appointment to his first term. But in general all elections are rigged when you consider that a few speak for many with caucases and the electoral college. Maybe if the popular vote of actual registered taxpaying citizens counted we wouldn't have had G.W. Bush or Obama. I don't like either of them.

John Ertel

17. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Why not blame this on eBay and Jewish women?

Elections are a game. They are won by the best players. If they happen to use everything they can to gain an advantage without getting caught, they win. The Messiah was well presented and used every medium of communication to get himself out there and stir up support. His opponent was pretty lame in that regard. If I hear the word "Maverick" or the lipstick, hockey mom, lipstick thing one more time, I think I'll lose my lunch, AND I supported those guys/gal. It looks like having at least two positions on everything worked. Nobody can say you flip-flopped, since you were on both sides of the issues all along. The Media was also sleeping when it came to unusual issues pertaining to the winner. They sat back and let it all slide. The only votes that count are the Electoral College. Your individual vote means nothing.

18. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Obama won didn't he? That's your answer

19. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Luvs2Shoot - You Dems sure like to keep the mythology going, don't you?

President Bush was no more "appointed" to the presidency than any other in history. His election victory over Al Gore was as fair as could be, considering the circumstances.

The U.S. Supreme Court did not appoint George Bush to anything. It ruled that the Florida Supreme Court erred in continuing re-counts, which Florida state law would not allow. The same Florida Supreme Court had previously ruled that Florida election law was constitutional within Florida. After the 2000 election, they attempted to revamp Florida law "EX POST FACTO". All states have such provisions in their constitutions.

Go back and read the U.S. Supreme Court decision before blathering on about "appointments".

As to the Electoral College, it was specifically designed to prevent large-population states from controlling elections. It's entirely possible for California and New York to control the presidential election, nullifying the voices of many other states.

Dennis

20. WGB

WGB Member

It's politics. They are all the same. Some just pander a bit left and some a bit right. They end up meeting in the middle. Obama moved immediately to the center and I doubt if he will be much different than Bush, other than I hope he doesn't spend as much money as Bush did. In four years we can elect someone new if he messes up as much as George did. A moderate can't get elected in this country (as much as I would support him) you have to pander to the loony left or the goofy right for a "base".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.